Chapter 84

Tongzhou is not far from Hailin Mansion. It is a neighboring mansion. If you travel quickly, you can reach it in three to five days.

However, if you want to buy good seafood, you have to go to the county town on the edge of Hailinfu, which is close to the sea, to get it at a low price.

With such twists and turns, it would take more than half a month to come back and forth.

Several people were tired from their travels, and it looked like they had traveled back day and night.

But what came back was only a cart full of things.

Huo Shu was not in a hurry to ask. It was easy to imagine how tiring it would be to rush back in this weather.

He asked a few people to go in first and help carry the goods into the backyard. It was just past lunch time and they probably hadn't eaten yet, so he asked Tian Xiaodian to order some food from a nearby restaurant.

Taoyu prepared hot water and tea soup for everyone to wash down and take a breather.

Ji Wenliang was a very impatient man. After washing his face and riding back, his face seemed to be frozen, and then he calmed down a little.

He Niu took a sip of tea and said, "This trip is really not going well!"

"What's wrong? What happened on the way?"

Taoyu took out the oranges she just bought and the candied chestnuts Huo Shu bought to give everyone a head start. Hearing what Ji Wenliang said, he hurriedly ran out of the stove room.

Huo Shou said: "Except for the fact that there is more rain in the south in winter and the roads are a bit muddy, there is nothing on the road."

"It's because I didn't take any goods when I arrived at Hailin Mansion."

They arrived at Hailin Fucheng first and briefly inquired about the prices of various seafood in the seafood shop. They didn't expect that they were all very high.

Our destination was a county near the sea, so I didn't bother to negotiate the price. Unexpectedly, I went to Linhai County and visited several salvage and shipping places. The prices were not low, and they were even close to catching up with those in the prefecture.

After asking around, I found out that the sea was not peaceful and pirates invaded the country in October.

The pirates were vicious. They not only robbed large merchant ships, but also killed fishermen who went to sea.

The state capital sent troops to fight, and the losses were severe.

The fishermen in Linhai County are afraid to go fishing in the sea and rely entirely on inventory to trade. It is not known how long this stalemate will last, and the price of seafood is gradually rising.

It is no longer the low price it once was.

"The price is not low and the cost is high, so we don't dare to take inventory."

"It's just that I didn't want to go in vain, so I brought back some goods from the past."

Huo Shu's brows tightened, but he did agree with Uncle Fan's decision.

The cost is too high and it is not suitable for inventory selling. The news is slow to circulate these days. No one knows that pirates are rampant on the other side of the sea. The price of sea goods has increased. I just feel that the merchants are asking for high prices with evil intentions.

Tao Yu said: "There is a small country overseas that has been stable for ten years. What happened to this dynasty? It unexpectedly invades the country again. Could it be that they have forgotten how they defeated the army that invaded the country and called the imperial court."