Chapter 18

Taoyu was wrapped in a quilt, sitting on the bed, rolling her eyes gently with a peeled egg in front of the copper mirror.

His heartbeat was a little fast, and his mood was still a little unstable. He had to twitch from time to time.

Huang Manjing sat at one end peeling egg shells, while Ji Yangzong walked back and forth with his hands behind his back and frowning. The room was very quiet, but more silent than loud.

Ji Yangzong was so angry that he had long wanted to express his greetings to the eighteenth generation of the You family's ancestors. It was obvious from his brother's appearance that he was afraid of making him sad again if he opened his mouth.

He was worried when he saw a long black piece of plain silk hanging by Taoyu on a clothes hanger. It looked strange and did not look like it belonged to his brother.

He was about to ask Taoyu if he had gone to his Azu's place, but before he could speak, he was scolded by his wife.

"Don't go back and forth, your eyes are wandering."

Huang Manjing peeled the eggs and blew them gently, then stepped forward to support Taoyu and rolled his eyes so red they looked like they were about to bleed. She was so distressed that she even complained about Ji Yangzong.

At this time, it was not appropriate to say that this family should not be related, so I had to resort to scolding Ji Yangzong.

Ji Yangzong knew that his wife was angry, so he didn't say anything back.

He stepped forward and looked at Taoyu, who had a cold face and red eyes, and said warmly: "Dad will definitely go and seek justice for you. This Yuerlang is nothing."

"I'm not sad anymore."

Taoyu sniffed, wanting to sound firmer, but unfortunately her voice was still gurgling and weak.

Ji Yangzong didn't say anything and sighed slightly. This pitiful look on his face was not convincing at all if he wasn't sad.

Taoyu knew that his father didn't believe it, so he put down the egg in his hand and took Ji Yangzong's hand: "Dad, don't go to the You family to make trouble."

"You still think about their family and are so selfish that you have completely forgotten about our family."

"I'm not speaking for them."

Taoyu said: "The Ji family and the You family have taken root in the village for so many years. If dad goes and causes trouble, everyone will just laugh. From now on, the two surnames will still have to live in the village."

"He...he is clinging to Lord Tongzhi."

Ji Yangzong paused and felt cold all over.

Immediately I understood what Taoyu meant.

He felt depressed. No wonder he was always depressed these days. Sure enough, something big happened.

"When Sun Yuanniang came to the house in pity, she also said that the woman surnamed Wang in Gouli was lying and saying that she was not her, which gave her a bad reputation. I thought that after she married into the You family, she would serve her husband wholeheartedly. , and also taught her children carefully. It was Wang Zuiyan who exaggerated the merits of people and actually harmed Sun Yuanniang. No matter how innocent she was, now You Lingxiao has also learned to worship those who are superior and those who are inferior, and he has everything he wants."

Ji Yangzong said he regretted it so much that he almost cost his brother his life by making a mistake.

"Over the years, the mother and son have been humble in front of the Ji family, pretending to be respectful and pitiful. Now that they are so prosperous, their true nature has been exposed."