Chapter 22

It was already Shenshi when we returned. Huo Shu walked his horse and followed the ox cart back to the village from a distance, slowly returning to the village.

He looked at the young man sitting on the cart with his knees in his arms from a distance. He was chatting with the people on the cart from time to time. He looked more relaxed than when he came in the morning.

Seeing this, he also frowned slightly and turned his gaze to the wilderness beside the official road.

When Huo Shu went to pick up the horse from the stable today, he saw that there was a strong horse in the stable. Judging from its appearance, he thought it was also a war horse.

Hearing the groom say that the horses belonged to soldiers returning from the front, Huo Shu asked where they had returned from, but the groom couldn't explain.

He didn't take it too seriously. Those coming back from the front line might not necessarily be from the Northern Territory, but could also be from nearby border areas.

Furthermore, even if the soldiers came back from the Northern Territory, there were thousands of troops in the huge military camp, and they were not necessarily acquaintances.

It is good to meet old friends in a foreign country, but it is rare.

Huo Shu looked away, thinking that it would be better to find something to do and settle down quickly.

Just as he was lost in thought, there was a sudden noise in front of him.

"Oops, you almost tripped me."

"Master Zhang, what's wrong with you, you're such an ox? You were walking towards the ditch, but now the wheels of your car got stuck in the ditch. This unjust mistake is so far away from the village, we won't give it to you." Money."

Taoyu has been wandering around all morning today, getting on the bullock cart with a lot of jolts, and is tired from the whole morning and feels a little sleepy.

He was feeling dizzy and wanted to squint for a while, when suddenly the bullock cart staggered, and the cart's wheels fell directly into the ditch. He happened to be sitting on the tail of the cart, and he suddenly slipped off the cart.

Fortunately, he didn't fall into the ditch, but he knelt down on the mud official road.

He fell to the ground like a ball of soft dough. Although the ground was not high from the cart, it was a disaster for him. Immediately, he felt a bone-chilling pain in his knees and the palms of his hands that were supporting the ground. Come.

Normally, you can only ride on the village's ox carts when you enter the city early in the morning. When you come back, there are many ox carts parked at the gate of the city, but they are not all the village's carts.

The people on the cart this time were all people from other villages, and they were only complaining about not giving money, and no one paid any attention to the peach tree hanging on the ground.

He struggled to get up, dragging his legs and immobile hands, trying to move aside to find a stone to sit on first.

Seeing that something had happened, Huo Shu immediately dismounted his horse, and Dahei ran a few steps forward.

Only then did he see that the donkey cart, which had been fine before, had overturned and its wheels were stuck in the ditch. The servants had already gotten out of the cart.

"I'm sorry, everyone, I won't pay, I won't pay."

The driver of the cart was stuck in his waist, and he was also a little annoyed at how angry the damn cow was. Seeing that he had finally managed to pull a cart full of people, but had to go all the way without making any money, he felt angry in his heart.