Chapter 12

Soon the news that the widow Yuan Huiru recognized a godson spread throughout the village.

Several elderly people with big surnames were invited to sit in charge, and Li Zheng presided over the ceremony, and the etiquette was thorough.

After learning that Zhao Changsui died at the border, Huo Shu traveled thousands of miles to deliver a token to Pao Ze, who was about the same age. This act of loyalty made no one in the village have the nerve to say anything bad.

Firstly, he really didn't have much to say, and secondly, the few people watching the ceremony were all respected elders in the village. If he talked too much, he would be disrespectful of his etiquette.

The villagers discussed this rare event for several days, and soon it was time for the twenty-sixth You family to have a big banquet.

Everyone's attention also shifted to the You family.

It's just that the weather was not very good that day. It was raining early in the morning, but it didn't disturb everyone's interest in having a banquet.

Yuan Huiru usually went to help in advance when there were big or small matters in the village, but this time the You family generously hired the Fourth Division and the Sixth Bureau from the city to arrange the banquet, so there was no need for the villagers to spare their hands to help. .

"This is the first time our village invites the Fourth Division and the Sixth Bureau to have a banquet. I have only heard about this spectacle from people in the city. Let's go there early to see the excitement!"

In the early morning, the sound of firecrackers came from the direction of You's house. It was a cold day today. Yuan Huiru just happened to put on new autumn clothes. Her hair was combed smoothly and shiny, and she was specially combed with osmanthus oil.

She looked at Huo Shu who came out of the house, still wearing the same linen and leather clothes when he came in, and said, "Aren't you going to have a banquet?"

"go."

Yuan Huiru said tactfully: "Why don't you wear the new autumn clothes my godmother made for you? It's raining outside and it's cold."

Huo Shu said: "It's not cold either."

Yuan Huiru laughed and pushed Huo Shu back to the house to change clothes: "When you go out to have a banquet, you have to dress up brightly, so that others can see it."

"At this age, you have to find a good family. You silly boy, who cares whether you are cold or not."

Huo Shu was helpless. Even if he was wearing immortal clothes, no girls or boys would even look at him twice.

But it didn't displease Mother Zhao, so he put on the new autumn clothes Yuan Huiru made for him.

"Oh, look how good it fits. The fabric was made just for you."

Yuan Huiru's eyes lit up when she saw Huo Shu changing into the glazed collar that she had made.

A white belt is tied around the waist of the long robe, revealing the wide shoulders and narrow waist. The person is as tall as a green pines and cypresses, showing a rare uprightness.

"You are so handsome and handsome!"

Yuan Huiru whispered: "It will overwhelm the style of Erlang Youjia."

Huo Shu raised his eyebrows slightly, finding it difficult for his godmother to continue to praise her.

However, these words are inexplicably helpful.