Chapter 81

In mid-to-late October, Ji Yangzong was in a hurry to pay all the taxes.

He did not dare to stay any longer and hurriedly transferred the food and taxes to the state capital.

Due to the banditry that broke out during last year's autumn harvest, all villages were still frightened and were very cautious.

Huo Shu went to help escort the food to the village, which also reassured Ji Yangzong.

This year there was a new person in charge of the house, and all the rules and documents were different from the previous ones. Ji Yangzong went there and struggled for a long time before handing over the grain and taxes.

When he came out, his brows, which had been furrowed for more than a month, finally relaxed. This year's food harvest was not good, and it was not easy for every family. He had spent a lot of effort urging him to pay taxes.

Now that the biggest event of the year had happened, he felt very relieved. Instead of going back to the village directly, he went to the riding and shooting range with Huo Shu.

It was already a bit cold in late October, and the autumn wind was still chilling on me after morning time but before noon.

The crisp autumn sky is slowly turning into a desolate one.

"How do you harvest food?"

Ji Yangzong walked in the market with Huo Shu leading the horse. He had not been in the city for some days.

At this time, food sales in the city were still booming. After the autumn, farmers relied on selling food to transfer some money on hand. In addition to the money required to pay taxes, they also had to buy a series of things for home use such as candles, oil, and salt. You have to have money to make money.

"One thousand for refined grains and eight hundred for coarse grains."

The waiter who was riding on a cart with his legs spread open and shouting while sucking noodles, reported the number to Ji Yangzong.

When a farmer nearby heard about the price, he looked sad: "Why has the price been lowered again? Didn't we charge one thousand and two dollars for refined grain in the past two days!"

"If you want to sell it, go ahead and ask elsewhere to see if our price is the only one. If you think the price is too low, don't sell it. If you can't keep it all, the price will have to drop in a few days."

Although the waiter Ji Yangzong was not necessarily enthusiastic when asking about the price, seeing that he was well-dressed and had a big man standing next to him, he was still quite polite.

This time, the farmer didn't have any good temper or patience towards the rough-and-tumble behavior, so he just got off the phone and got angry.

When the farmers were treated like this, they had no words to refute and left in a hurry, as if to ask other people about their prices.

Ji Yangzong and Huo Shu continued to walk forward with their hands behind their backs: "I remember that the price of grain was quite high in August. In previous years, refined grain could be sold for one thousand two hundred and three thousand. This year, the grain was hit by rain. In August, the price of grain was sold for one thousand and two thousand yuan." One thousand forty-five. After the tax came out in September, a large number of people selling grain heard from the folks in the village that the price had dropped to one thousand two-three. Unexpectedly, it has dropped to one thousand one today."

He sighed: "The price is only this during the great harvest year. Aren't these grain harvesters in the city taking advantage of it?"

Huo Shu said: "Farmers only have what they can exchange for money, so they have to sell grain. When there are more people selling, the price will naturally drop."