Chapter 1

The weather in September is crisp and autumn is high, the gardenias are in bloom, the sweet-scented osmanthus is in full bloom, and the wind carries a fragrant fragrance.

This solar term is full of wealthy and idle people enjoying the autumn scenery. There are always cars and horses passing by on the official roads, which is very lively.

However, most of the tourists are missing from the road today, just because it is the mid-day period and today is the day when the results of the three-year provincial examination will be released.

All those who have scholars in their families have gone to wait for the results to be released, and there are very few people who are still thinking about going out for fun.

"Cousin Erlang is determined to be on the list this time. I heard from my aunt that many of my cousin's articles have been posted on the bulletin board outside the academy for those scholars to read."

"My cousin studies hard. This is a combination of talent and hard work. There is no reason why he will fail."

On the official road, two young men were walking together towards the city.

"When my cousin wins the election, I'm afraid I'll have to propose marriage to your family when I get back. From now on, I'll have to change my name to your cousin, and you'll have to take care of the first and second cousins."

Ji Taoyu was still a little dizzy as she walked on the official road.

It was a little late last night to light up the lamp and read the medical book. Early this morning, I was called by the Yu family brother who passed by the door of my house to go into the city together.

He didn't like to go out much, and the two of them didn't actually have much friendship on weekdays. They just met each other occasionally from the same village, and they didn't want to go out.

But today the announcement was made, thinking that someone he knew well had ended up, and his mother secretly urged him to go and have a look, so he and his brother from the Yu family went into the city together.

It was almost late autumn, and he felt a little cold when the morning breeze blew. He gently covered his face with his hands before he felt some warmth.

Taoyu had been walking silently without speaking, quietly listening to the conversation of the Yu family brother, but the more he spoke, the bolder he became, what about getting married? Hearing his cousin's words made his cheeks turn red, and he couldn't help but laugh. Broken path:

"The marriage is just a joke among the elders. It has not yet happened. Brother Xia, be careful what you say."

"Didn't we have a small engagement? No one in the village knows about this marriage. Now that we are old, we naturally want to talk about the marriage. Why are we ashamed?"

As he said that, the younger brother of the Yu family poked Ji Taoyu with his elbow: "What's wrong? Do you regret that you don't want to marry cousin Erlang?"

Ji Taoyu's expression slightly condensed when he heard this. He was a well-known weak young man from all over the country. He could talk to a scholar of his age as his husband, and everyone else was jealous. It was his turn to regret that he didn't want to marry.

When Ji Taoyu was a child, she grew slower than her brothers of the same age.

He can crawl only when his brothers of the same age can walk; only when his brothers of the same age can speak in full sentences can he clearly call his parents.

When I was young, my family thought I had given birth to a stupid child, and they were extremely worried. But fortunately, now that I am older, I don't have any intellectual deficiencies. On the contrary, I can read, read, and learn things very quickly, so my parents are a little comforted.