Chapter 82

"Collect food, collect food! Walk this way and look this way!"

"Collect grain at a good price, sell it without suffering a loss, and sell it without being cheated!"

On Xinjie, the cart moved slowly. Tian Xiaodian stood on the fence of the cart and yelled at the people along the street.

Taoyu sat in front of the cart, turned her head and said with a smile: "This guy used to work as a clerk in a grain store, and he is really good at this job."

Huo Shu drove his horse slowly, first went around Xiaodong Street, and finally returned to the entrance of Xin Street and stopped the carriage.

After getting off the bus, all the food sellers on Xiaoxi Street took notice.

There are actually quite a few people collecting grain in the city after autumn, each with their own origin.

For example, there are large grain stores, small grain shops, grain merchants who come from other places to resell grain, and there are also large households in the city who need to buy grain and eat by themselves, etc...

However, most large households have grain fields under their own property, but this is not absolute. In short, there are many farmers and tenant farmers who sell grain, and there are also large and small merchants who harvest grain.

It is not surprising that Huo Shu and others came out to collect grain.

Tian Xiaodian specifically shouted about the price advantage, and the sharp-eared grain sellers followed the cart over. When it stopped, they gathered around and asked about the price.

Yesterday, Huo Shu and Tao Yu had a rough understanding of the current food prices in the city. Currently, refined grains range from one thousand to one thousand eleven cents per stone, and coarse grains range from 750 to 850 cents.

Generally speaking, the prices at big grain stores are the lowest, but the prices for grains whose origins are less clear are higher.

Most of the farmers are honest people, so they are convinced by the big grain stores that the payment is guaranteed when they sell them. Even if the price is low, there are still many people selling grain.

However, there are also those who want to sell a few more coins and choose these merchants who collect grain instead of grain merchants.

"We have fine grains of 1,000 yuan and 1 stone here, and coarse grains of 800 yuan. We sell them now and settle the money in one go. If the goods are sold over a long distance, we can send people to pick them up."

Tian Xiaodian took the trouble to explain to the farmers who came to inquire.

"So how much is too much?"

Taoyu said: "If you have more than five stones of grain, you can send someone to pick it up."

"Which family can't sell it for so much? Can we send someone to the village to pick it up if we jointly sell it with the neighbors for more than five dan?"

Hearing this, Taoyu couldn't help but look at Huo Shu. They hadn't thought of this when they discussed it yesterday.

Huo Shu said: "It's okay for people from the same village to pull the goods at the same place."

When the farmers who gathered around heard this, they all said good things. The grain store sent people to the village to transport grain, but the price was too low.

Some farmers who sell a small amount either have to work hard to carry their grain to the city, or they have to spend money to hire a car. Their income is not much, and they have to spend more money, which means even less money is taken into their accounts.