Chapter 43

The thirtieth anniversary.

The Ji family got up early in the morning and cleaned the house inside and outside, then cut the window grilles, pasted couplets, and hung lanterns.

After a busy period of work until noon, Huang Manjing called Yuan Huiru over to prepare breakfast and dinner together.

It means killing chickens, fish, picking vegetables, going in and out of the house. Some people in the village have the reunion dinner at noon, and the sound of firecrackers continues from near noon to the afternoon.

Taoyu was busy in the kitchen, and Huo Shu was not idle either. All the work of slaughtering the livestock and poultry was handed over to him.

After the whole chicken takes shape from the soup pot, it has to be fished out to worship the ancestors.

Ji Yangzong brought the chicken and meat and led Huo Shu to worship the Stove Lord. He also had to set a table when the food was almost ready, and prepare some thin wine, vegetables and meat to invite the ancestors and elders to eat first.

That's it, we'll serve dinner after the removal.

Although dinner was prepared early, by the time everything was done, the sky had already darkened.

All the meals were served on the table, piled high. Not only did the New Year's dinner come in many varieties, but the portions were also larger than in the past. What I wanted was to have more than enough every year.

Ji Yangzong lit a string of long firecrackers in the yard. They crackled for a long time, and the red paper wrapped in gunpowder exploded into pieces, like red petals falling all over the sky.

"Look at how loud these firecrackers are, without any stagnation at all. The coming year will be prosperous!"

Ji Yangzong watched the firecrackers explode with his hands behind his back, and the white smoke gradually became clear. He raised his hands and said loudly: "Eat!"

Huang Manjing invited Yuan Huiru, and Taoyu took Huo Shu's hand and ran straight into the main room: "Hurry up, hurry up, the weather is so cold, the food will be cold soon."

After eating a few mouthfuls of food, Ji Yangzong brought the wine out, looked at Huo Shu and said, "This year, someone can have a drink with me. Come on, come on."

The Chinese New Year was a festive day, and Huang Manjing ignored Ji Yangzong's drinking.

And the New Year's Eve dinner is about eating for a long time. Drinking some wine and bragging a little will naturally make the meal last longer.

Huo Shu himself did not refuse his father-in-law's request. While drinking, he freed up his hand to open the shrimps for Taoyu.

After eating, Taoyu got off the table with a full belly. There were only two wine drinkers left on the table, and a dish was even heated.

Taoyu, his mother and Yuan Huiru set off some fireworks bought from the city in the yard to eat.

There are much more firecrackers in the village at night than during the day. The sound of firecrackers everywhere indicates that New Year's Eve dinner is being eaten everywhere.

Looking in the direction of Tongzhou City, a wealthy family bought large fireworks and set them off, and gorgeous flowers exploded in the gray night above Tongzhou.

Taoyu raised his neck in confusion, and suddenly felt a warmth on the back of his hand. He turned around to see the person looking into the distance: "Why are you out, where is dad?"