Chapter 68

After receiving the news that the Ji family had settled the accounts, everyone was a little excited.

Everyone who had or had no work at hand put it down first and hurried to Ji's house.

After being away for half a year, I gave up on being able to come back safely. Seeing that my wife, children, and children were all well, I was looking forward to this.

After all, everything you say is empty talk, and you have to get actual money to be real. After all, this is what you rely on to support your family.

After doing this, I don't know how much money I can get.

Yesterday, when I returned home for the first time, the whole family was celebrating. As time went by, everyone began to inquire about money, both overtly and covertly.

It's no wonder that the family members are snobbish and they all fall in love with money.

I was able to bite the bullet and go to such a far place to do business, but I just left because I couldn't live any longer.

The family has a lot of bad debts and is in a hurry for money. It's no joke that they can't get rid of the problem.

The two villagers got to know each other, were in good spirits, and greeted each other with a smile.

My companions on the road used to estimate how much money they could get.

In the afternoon, Huo Shu saw that everyone had arrived, and they were all eager to get money, but he didn't spend much time waiting.

After breakfast and peace of mind, Huo Shu put a bag of silver on the table and said to everyone: "The accounts are almost done. The current result is that one person can get forty taels of silver."

When the villagers heard that it was forty taels, they couldn't help but said: "Forty taels!"

Taoyu took advantage of the situation and distributed the settlement bill to everyone: "It's calculated as wages plus reward money. Everyone has a look. If you have any objections, take advantage of this to raise them."

"If you have anything to say, just say it. We will settle it all today and save you the trouble of going through the accounts later. By then, it will be a long time and I won't be able to explain a lot more."

Everyone's faces turned red in surprise, and they quickly took Taoyu's bill and looked at it.

"It's three times the wages, and the reward is divided into more than ten taels each."

"Wang Yong, read it to me, I don't fully understand it."

"I read it. Look, it's all very clear."

For a while, there were a lot of people in the study room, all turning their heads and whispering about the accounts and calculating in their heads.

No one said outright whether the salary was high or low. After all, no one would mind that the money was too much, but the surprised tone still betrayed their true inner thoughts.

A family like theirs, whose family is not well-off to manage more than ten acres of land, can only make a gross income of ten taels a year from the land.

If the fields are good enough, some animals are raised. When the men are not working in the fields, they can earn some subsidies and earn more.

With a full calculation, a family can receive a total of twenty taels of silver in a year.

But this is already the income of the whole family. After the family spends on eating, drinking, eating, paying taxes, etc., those who can live a good life may be able to have a surplus of two or three taels. If it is more difficult, it is common to have debts.