Chapter 55

When the river breeze blows, the entire camp is filled with a strong smell of herbs.

Everyone put up the tent that they had just packed up again.

The caravan came to a standstill, and everyone had nothing to do. They could not help but worry about the infectious disease.

After finishing their work, everyone in the group stood by the boiler where the herbs were boiling. Their hearts were burning as they looked at the boiling concoction in the pot.

"Does this medicine work? Don't take the medicine and it will make the disease worse."

"Hey, I haven't encountered as many things in the village in a year and a half as I have in a month."

Ji Wenliang mixed the medicinal soup with the spoon according to Taoyu's instructions, so as not to let the herbs burn to the bottom.

He glanced at Taoyu, who was sitting on a stone pier by the river, flipping through a medical book and reading carefully.

Hearing that this guy was rubbing his hands again, he couldn't do anything. Instead, he started to doubt Brother Taozi's medical skills.

Seeing that the medicine in the pot was boiling and almost cooked, he hummed softly, took a bowl and scooped half a spoon into it: "If you are afraid of drinking, please squeak in advance. You don't have to drink it."

When the farmer saw that the soup was ready, he quickly took it. He was worried that it would be too late: "There is no reason not to eat it."

"Wenliang boy, come on, get me another spoonful."

Ji Wenliang rolled his eyes when he saw everyone's appearance.

"It's normal for everyone to be completely scared when encountering something like this. It's just that Brother Taozi took the trouble to look through medical books and think of solutions. Everyone can't help but still say such sarcastic words. Isn't it too much?"

"I have such a bad mouth that I talk nonsense when I'm in a hurry. I don't have any sense of propriety. Don't take it to heart."

The farmer patted his mouth: "I just don't know what to do. Looking at Tian Fu, Wang Yong and the others, I can't even lift them even with all my strength, and they are scratching so hard. I'm suffering!"

Ji Wenliang frowned and sighed.

After distributing the medicine to everyone, Ji Wenliang brought a bowl of medicine to each of Taoyu and Huo Shu.

"You take the people around to collect firewood and dig vegetables."

Huo Shu drank the medicine in one gulp and gave the medicine bowl to Ji Wenliang.

Ji Wenliang held the bowl and responded quickly, not to mention that everyone would only be anxious if they had nothing to do together, and they didn't know how many days they would stay here.

Although I have some financial expenses, there are more than a dozen people who can't bear to eat for two days. If I can dig some wild vegetables, I can eat as much as possible.

Ji Wenliang called people to dig vegetables, and the camp suddenly became quiet.

Huo Shu first took a look at Tian Fu and the others. Several of them were lying in the tent, panting. The other two could also see that their symptoms were much more serious than before.

He frowned and went back, and saw Taoyu still sitting motionless on the bank of the river. Except for the movement of turning the book in his hand, he still maintained the appearance of sitting there before.