Chapter 60

Year-round drought and rare rain, cold winters and dry summers, this city standing amidst the sky full of yellow sand and roaring wind seems to be covered with a layer of simplicity and roughness.

Huo Shu sat on his horse and watched the rays of light, like fire passing through gold, falling on the gate of Beiyu Mansion.

His eyes were a little far-reaching. When he went south, he just thought that he would not set foot on this dusty land again in ten or eight years, and he didn't want to come back so soon.

"Who is entering the city?"

At this time, the huge city gate above them was already sparsely populated. Huo Shu and his party were marching towards the city gate. The team of more than ten people seemed strangely large for a while.

The soldiers patrolling in front of the city gate blocked the way of a group of people with their swords crossed.

The northern region is rough and there are constant wars. There are officers and soldiers guarding and interrogating people entering and leaving the city.

Not only that, the city gate was closed at the end of the Youshi period, and no one could enter or leave the city without an edict from the government.

Now that the time to close the city gate is approaching, they look so unfamiliar and are still hauling goods, so they are bound to be questioned.

Tian Fu and others saw that the soldiers guarding the city were a little strict, and they were a little worried about whether they would be embarrassed.

After all, I am not familiar with the place where I live, and people in many places are xenophobic.

"It's a caravan from the south. These are all commercial goods."

"A caravan from the south?"

The soldiers guarding the city were a little surprised. There was no shortage of caravans coming to do business in the northern city, but they were all from nearby state capitals. For example, the caravans coming from the south and even the soldiers guarding the city were interacting with people entering the city every day. Those who deal with it are rarely heard of.

Things are rare and valuable, and the Northern Territory has always had a good attitude towards businessmen who come to the city to do business.

In a place like this where wars have been going on all year round and there is no peace, the people who live there have very different ideas from the ceremonial place in the south.

Due to the climate and other reasons, the Northern Territory is short of supplies. It welcomes and respects those who are willing to travel across the mountains and rivers to bring food and utensils from other places. They don't have much ill will towards the merchants, and they never think that the merchants have a low status.

After learning that it was a merchant from the south, the attitude of the soldiers guarding the city improved visibly, and they sheathed their swords: "It turns out that they are merchants from the south, but they still need to be inspected on a routine basis."

Huo Shu raised his chin, and his men quickly led the soldiers to inspect their goods.

"It's tea cloth!"

"Yes, yes, sir, these are good products from the south."

The soldier put down his caution and put down the lid of the box: "The North Territory welcomes merchants from the south."

When Tian Fu and others saw what the soldier said, they breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at the same time.

It is rare for a merchant to receive such respect, and it also makes people stand up even more.