Chapter 74

When we arrived at the village, it was almost dusk.

But the village was still lively, as if it wasn't time to finish work.

Villagers are still checking the water levels in the rice fields and filling in the collapsed river embankments.

The sound of running water in the wilderness was louder than all other sounds.

"Isn't that the direction of the You family? Why are there so many people there?"

Taoyu was riding on his horse. After entering the village, he looked around at the conditions of the farmland and crops. He could see the You family from a distance on the main road of the village, and saw a crowd of people in the yard at the other end.

"Want to go over and take a look?"

"Maybe my father is over there too."

Huo Shu didn't say anything and drove his horse over.

"You are extorting money, don't expect to get even a penny more from me."

As soon as Ma Fang arrived outside the courtyard wall, he heard Sun Yuanniang's sharp and domineering voice.

"The market price of an acre of land is only twelve taels. Don't you have any idea how much food your land can produce? It's not a fertile land. Giving you ten taels is already a big deal. If you still want thirteen taels, just dream on it. !"

"I have no intention of selling this land in the first place. Madam Sun, you don't want to buy it if you look down on it. But you think my land is not good and you are chasing after me to buy it. What's the point?"

The husband of the Cai family put his hands on his hips, and what he said was reasonable, but his tone was not necessarily good.

"If I hadn't built this house, who would have bought that land from you? Isn't it just using the You family to build a house to deliberately rip off the people of the same village?"

The husband of the Cai family originally respected the You family as a family of scholars and You Lingxiao as a civil servant, and they could not be offended by ordinary farmers like them.

The You family wanted ten taels of silver to buy them. She was annoyed but she didn't curse loudly. She tried to be reasonable. Sun Yuanniang felt that their family was like a soft persimmon.

The husband of the Cai family also became angry: "You are not ugly in appearance, but you want to buy land but are reluctant to spend money. What's the matter, just because your family is a member of the family, you want to imitate the fish and meat village? If I give in today, you will be the best in the future. The You family is still running around in the village, bullying whoever they want!"

The two sides were cursing and about to start fighting, but fortunately, a bystander stepped forward to pull them apart.

As Taoyu expected, Ji Yangzong was also there.

When there are so many quarrels in the village, someone will go and invite Li Zheng over.

Ji Yangzong frowned and pulled a face:

"It is during the busy farming season that one quarrel was not enough, so we had two quarrels. Madam Sun, it is a good thing for your family to build a house. Since you have to occupy the land of the villagers, then both parties can take a step back and pay the market price. Twelve taels, the Cai family doesn't want to pay too much."

When Ji Yangzong spoke, the Cai family still respected him. They felt unhappy, but they held back and said no more.

Sun Yuanniang, on the other hand, refused: "Li Zheng, twelve taels is the market price. Whoever buys land without cheating on the price really buys it at this price. Our You family has a small income, but we can't withstand people's greedy extortion." A pen for making small strokes."