Chapter 35

With a creak, the wooden door sounded a warning.

Huang Manjing entered the house with some breakfast food and saw her little brother sitting at the table with his back to the door.

Her eyebrows tightened: "Get up, why don't you answer my mother's call?"

Taoyu quickly put down her pants and straightened her clothes before turning around: "I was picking up ointment and wine, but I didn't hear you."

Huang Manjing put the breakfast on the table: "When I pick up those bottles and jars of things of yours, it feels like my ears are blocked."

"Come here and have some porridge and freshly baked steamed buns."

Taoyu responded, enduring the pain in her knees as if nothing had happened and walked to the table to sit down.

He took a spoon and stirred the porridge to dissipate the heat. He coughed dryly and said, "Mom, go and do your work. I'll take it out after I eat it."

"It's out of the way."

Huang Manjing looked at her brother who was eating steamed buns and sighed slightly: "None of the children of your generation are worry-free. Your third aunt's eldest cousin is also a weak man this year. Qian'er I went to the Zheng family to propose marriage, but they refused, feeling that I had lost face, so they made a fuss and said that they would leave the village and go out to work."

"It's the coldest month of winter, and everyone outside is rushing to the countryside, so that the family can reunite during the Chinese New Year. He's doing well, and he still wants to run outside."

"Is my cousin leaving?!"

Taoyu's eyes widened and she looked at his mother in disbelief.

"If he doesn't leave, who will leave? That's what you said."

Taoyu pursed his lips, which were open due to the accident, and rubbed his legs in embarrassment.

This is making me feel like a joke.

Huang Manjing looked at her brother's strange look and asked, "What's wrong?"

Taoyu shook her head quickly: "No, it's nothing. My cousin has a strong self-esteem, and it is reasonable for him to make such a fuss as the third aunt likes to think about other things."

Huang Manjing said helplessly: "Your father ate breakfast in a hurry and went to your third aunt's house to persuade him."

Taoyu said: "My cousin is not willing to work hard, so how can he do other things well? The same goes for my father. Our family and the third aunt's family have been at odds for a long time, and he even went to Baba'er to persuade him."

"Do you think I want your father to go?"

"Yuan Fei used to come here to play with you when he was a kid. That brat said you were cute and wanted to put his mouth on someone's face if he wasn't paying attention. Your father gave him a big ear scraper and went back to your third aunt to cry. ."

"Your third aunt is stingy to begin with. She was angry for a long time and refused to allow Yuan Fei to come over again, but later she shamelessly came to tell your father that the two children were having a good time, so it was better to get engaged."

Huang Manjing said angrily: "She clearly knows that your father doesn't like the practice of kissing and kissing. She was refuted again, and she even went to your uncle to cry and complain. She said that your father looked down on their family and so on. Later and You After we got married, she made the fuss even more fierce, and there was never a time when she didn't say something weird when we saw her."