Chapter 6: Kreacher and Dobby

EXT. LONDON STREET - NIGHT

The quintet move quickly, glancing about, paranoid.

Athena: How is it they knew we were there?
Hermione: Maybe you still have the Trace on you
Ron: Can't be. The Trace breaks at seventeen
Theo: It's Wizarding law

Hermione stops. Athena, Theo, Blaise and Ron turn, look back.

Ron: What?
Hermione: We didn't celebrate your birthday, Athena. Fred, Ginny and I –– we'd prepared a cake. And Fred...he had a really important gift for you. We were going to bring everything out at the end of the wedding...

"Happy birthday!" Barty exclaims. "Thank you, but it's not my birthdays yet," Athena chuckles.

Athena: Hermione. I appreciate the thought –– honestly. But given that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago...
Hermione: Right. Perspective
Blaise: We've got to get off the streets, get somewhere safe
Athena: I have an idea

EXT. 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE - NIGHT

The gas lamps spring to life, illuminating a narrow cobwebbed hallway. The trio glance about, then Athena takes a step forward.

Mad-eye (o.s.): Severus Snape?
Athena: Mad-Eye...?

Everyone stares at the screen.

Just then a great rush of cold air sweeps through the hallway and the trio's tongues curl back in their mouths. Something shifts in the shadows at the end of the hall, rising from the carpet –– tall, dust-coloured and terrible-looking –– then rushes toward them. It's Dumbledore, but a ghostly, worm-eaten Dumbledore, a corpse come to life, with empty eye sockets and sunken face.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" James and Sirius scream. James hides behind Lily and Sirius jumps onto Remus' lap.

Theo and Blaise hold each other and shut their eyes, they along with Hermione all scream in terror. It raises its wand and then...explodes in a great cloud of dust, swirling like mist in the corridor, drifting back to the carpet. Theo and Blaise open their eyes.

Theo: What was that about?
Hermione: Mad-eye's doing, I'd guess. In case Snape decided to come snooping

Just then, a floorboard creaks. The quintet stiffen. Slowly, Hermione draws her wand, peers into the shadows.

Hermione: Homenum revelio

Nothing. Hermione lowers her wand. Explains.

Hermione: It's a spell to reveal human presence

The Aurors nod.

She extends her hand, watches the setting dust stream through her fingers.

Hermione: We're alone

DISSOLVE TO:

EXT. SKY

At dawn...

EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD - DAWN

The view and small village is revealed, swathed with mist. This has a the feel of a pov. The image jumps and...

INT. VILLAGE STREET - DAWN

...the pov is moving now, through streets teeming with cloaked figures. The tongue that is spoken here is foreign, Germanic. We turn down an alleyway and the path narrows, the shadow growing more dense. Scratched into a wall is the symbol Xenophilius Lovegood word around his neck, but the pov lingers on it briefly. A sign comes into view, hanging outside a small shop at the very end of a dark cul de sac: 'Gregorovitch Wandmaker'. We close quickly on the shop's door, catch a glimpse of Voldemort's reflection in the glass, when...