Chapter 19: Cloaked in Darkness

A/N:
1k views🥺🥺🥺
I LOVE YOU GUYS AND GALS! I screamed when I saw how many of you have read my book! Words can't express how thankful I am towards you guys!
I love you guys and gals🤍
————————————————————————————————————————

Late at night. A lantern and hand appear, but nothing else. The ensemble walk through the dark library and into the Restricted Section. The lamp is put down, and the cloak removed, revealing to be Athena who searches the bookshelves.

"You used my cloak to go to the library!" James said appalled pretending to faint, "I went to the restricted section" "okay that's better" Lily rolled her eyes at the boy a smile never leaving her face.

Athena: Famous fire eaters...15th Century Fiends...Flamel...Nicholas Flamel...where are you?

Athena picks up a book and opens it. A man's face appears from between the pages, which screams madly and loudly. Athena immediately slams the book shuts and puts it back.

Many people wince, taking note to never go near that book.

Filch: Who's there?! [Athena whips around, and quickly grabs her cloak, causing the lamp to fall and shatter.] I know you're in there. You can't hide. [Athena puts on her cloak and creeps around Filch.] Who is it? Show yourself!

"Run!" "Hide!" scream the younger years.

Athena runs from the room, breathing heavily. She exits into the hall, where Mrs. Norris, who meows and begins to follow her. Athena runs around a corner, just as Snape and Quirrell appear. Snape pushes Quirrell into the wall.

"Ooohhh kinky" Sirius winked at Snape.

Quirrell: Severus...I-I thought...
Snape: You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell.
Quirrell: W-what do you m-mean?
Snape: You know perfectly well what I mean. [Snape senses something who causes Athena to stop breathing. Snape reaches out to grab something, but doesn't. He whips his finger back in front of Quirrell's face.] We'll have another chat soon...when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie. [Filch arrives, carrying the broken lantern.]

Filch: Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed.

Upon hearing this, Snape and Quirrell dart off around the corner. A door opens, and closes. On the other side, there is a vast, empty room that has a large mirror in the center, known as the Mirror of Erised. Athena appears and walks over to the mirror. In the reflection, she sees two people appear who are Athena's late parents, James and Lily Potter.

Athena: Mum? [Lily nods and smiles] Dad? [James nods and smiles. Athena reaches out to touch them, but only gets the mirror. Then, her mother puts her hand on her shoulder. She puts her own hand on her own shoulders, as if trying to feel her there.

Loads of pity looks were thrown at Athena but she just ignored them by looking down. Lily stood up and ran to Athena and James pulling them into a hug, they stayed like that for a while til they heard sniffling. Athena lifted her head up and had tears running down her face "that was the first time I saw what you two looked like" she smiles weakly. Lily wipes Athena's tears away and cups her face "I know we have only just met but I want you to know me and your father are so proud of you" James continued "you are amazing Athena and so incredibly strong" the three of them hugged again and that's when Sirius, Remus, Marlene, Dorcas, Alice, Frank, Hermione, Ron and Neville all joined the hug. The 2 sets of twins ran over and squeezed everyone making them all laugh. They broke away from the hug and went to sit back down to watch the rest of the movie.

Back in the boy's dormitory in Gryffindor tower, Athena comes whipping in, invisible.

Athena: Ron! You've really got to see this! Ron! You've got to see this! [she pulls back his covers. Ron wakes up.] Ron, Ron, come on. Get out of bed!
Ron: [tired] Why?
Athena: There's something you've got to see. Now, come on!

Back in the room. Athena and Ron appear as if magical and Athena runs to the mirror.

Athena: Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!
Ron: I only see me.
Athena: [moves over] Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you? Thats my dad
Ron: That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Athena, do you think this mirror shows the future?

"I'm sorry" apologised Ron, Athena just waved it off.

Athena: How can it? Both my parents are dead. [Athena smiles sadly.]

Everyone's mood suddenly changed, remembering James and Lily didn't make it.

(Extended Version)

One day, in the Great Hall where most of the students, particularly the Weasleys are eating, Athena sits in front of the fireplace.

George: Do you like yours, Ron? [Ron turns to Athena who still sits in front of the fireplace who is very quiet.] Ron?
Ron: I'll be right back. [He leaves the table and comes up to Athena.] Want to play chess?
Athena: No thank you.
Ron: We go and visit Hagrid?
Athena: No.
Ron: Thena, I know what you're thinking, but don't. There's something not quite right about that mirror.

"Please listen to him" whispered James.

Athena nods and Ron leaves to go back to the table as Athena continues to stare at the fireplace. Fred looks over at Athena, worried about the girl.

(Original Version)

The next night, Athena is back in the room where the mirror is, gazing longingly at the reflection where her parents are in. Dumbledore appears far behind her.

Many student send Athena pity looks but she just ignores them. James and Lily share a look, determine to be there for their daughter this time around.

Dumbledore: Back again, Athena? [Athena turns around and stands up.] I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man or woman on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself or herself, exactly as he or she is.

Remus gasped already figuring it out, soon after many Ravenclaws and Lily figured it out too and started shaking their heads. 'First and dangerous dog and now a dangerous mirror what is Dumbledore doing' they all thought.

Athena: So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?
Dumbledore: [whilst looking at the mirror] Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Athena. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men and women have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Athena, and forget to live. [Athena looks back at the mirror, knowing that Dumbledore is right.]

——————————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello my loves!
Comments on this chapter?
Athena had a little heart to heart with her family :) I actually cried during the scene where harry sees his parents for the first time!
Have a good day/night
Make sure to stay hydrated and take your medication or you won't get your Hogwarts letter🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️