Chapter 17: The Yule Ball

Ron stands grimly before a mirror in his lace dress robes. He shakes his head, mutters in disbelief:

Ron: Bloody hell...

Everyone grimaces at the sight of Ron. "I'm sorry Ron, that robe is quite horrible" Molly said scrunching her face up.

Fred steps out then. His robes, in contrast to Ron's, are simple, black and completely unadorned.

Ron: What're those?
Fred: My dress robes

"Looks like Fred got the Prewett genes" Gideon puffed out his chest.

Ron: Well, those are all right! No lace! No dodgy little collar! Why'd you get normal ones and I got this?
Fred: I expect yours are more traditional...and that wouldn't have fit me
Ron: Traditional! They're ancient! I look like Great Aunt Tessie! [sniffing] Smell like great Aunt Tessie [to the mirror] Murder me, Fred. Anyways do you know who Athena set me up with?
Fred: I think she said a girl named Myrtle

"What!?" Everyone shouts "tell me you didn't" laughed James, Athena just smirked.

Ron: What! No she didn't!
Fred: No she didn't..but it would've been funny as hell
Ron: Shut up! It's bad enough she went round the school saying me and Myrtle were getting married!
Fred: She set you up with both of the Patil girls. That means you'll have two girls on your arm [he winks and walks away]

"I can't wait to see the girls" Narcissa squealed.

Camera drops with the snowflakes falling from the ceiling, over the smartly-dressed students filing into the great hall, to the sweeping staircase, where Fred, George and Ron descend. Ron scans the crowd.

Ron: Poor kid. Bet she's alone in her room, crying her eyes out
Fred: Who?
Ron: Hermione, of course. C'mon guys, why do you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with?
George: Because you'd take the mickey out of her?
Ron: No one asked her. I Would've taken her myself if she wasn't so bloody proud

Theo and Blaise join the trio. They look up the stair case and see Hermione walking down in a pink dress.

Theo: She's beautiful
Blaise: That she is!

The Weasleys all turn around and stare at Hermione who continues to walk down the stair. Krum makes his way over towards the end of the stairs and reaches his arm out for Hermione to take. As she takes it, she glances over towards her friends and smiles before walking off with Krum.

"You look beautiful" Lily smiles at the girl "Thank you Ms. Potter" "please call me Lily"

Ron: She's with Krum!

The group turns to look at Ron, who's looks like he's just seen a ghost with how pale he is.

Parvati: Hello, boys

Parvati and Padma, doubly delightful in shocking pink and bright turquoise respectively, wait below.

"What's with the colour of their dresses? Them bitches be looking like wrapping paper" Marlene whispered to Alice, getting a snort out said woman.

Parvati: Don't you look...dashing

Parvati's eyes rake over Ron's robes as she takes Ron's arm. Padma stares in slight horror but takes his other arm. Just then, McGonagall appears, looking a bit flustered.

Professor Minnie: There you are, Weasley. Where's Potter? You both are supposed to wait here and enter with the other champions. Weasley...