Chapter 2: The Portkey

EXT. GRASSLAND

The camera shows a group of people walking up a hill, Athena is shown on Fred back.

Athena: Where are we actually going?
Ron: Don't know. Hey Dad! Where are we going?
Arthur: Haven't the foggiest, keep up!

Everyone laughs at Arthur, said man chuckles at his older self too.

Amos: Arthur! It's about time son.

Young Amos gapes at his older self

Arthur: Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start. This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry [Cedric jumps out of the tree, Fred places Athena on the floor gently, then taking ahold of her hand] And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?
Cedric: Yes sir.

"I have a son" cheers Amos, getting cheers and claps from his fellow friends, Athena looks at him sadly.

The group starts walking again, Amos notices Athena and steps in front of her. Fred tightens his grip on her hand.

James glares at Amos who looks at her apologetically.

Amos: Merlin's beard, you must be Athena Potter
Athena: Yes sir.
Amos: Great great pleasure [They shake hands]
Athena: Pleasure to meet you too sir.

They walk on up the hill. Fred glares at Amos whilst he wasn't looking, Athena shakes her head at him. Athena slowly let's go of Fred's hand and walks behind him, she looks at his shoes then back up at his head. She slides her leg making her foot hit Fred's back foot making him stumble and floor. Athena bursts into laughter and runs off, everyone laughs at Fred who was now chasing after Athena.

The great hall burst into laughter when Fred faceplants the floor, Fred glares at the girl who smiles innocently back at him.

Arthur: That's it sir, just over there.
Amos: Shall we? We don't want to be late.

Camera homes in on a boot on top of the hillside.

Athena: [tilting her head to the side] Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?
Fred: That isn't just any old manky boot love.
George: It's a portkey.

Everyone is in a circle putting their hands on the boot.

Amos: Time to go. Ready?
Athena: What's a 'portkey'?

"Put your hand on the boot!"

Amos: After 3. One... Two...
Arthur: Athena!

Athena rushes over and puts her hand on the boot.

Amos: Three!

There's a white flash and suddenly they're all flying through the air. Everyone cheers.

The muggleborns look at the screen with admiration, they've decided they now want to travel but portkey.

Arthur: Let go kids!
Hermione: What??
Arthur: Let! Go!

Athena, Hermione and the young Weasleys crash to the ground with a thump. Arthur, Amos and Cedric come down more gracefully.

Arthur: I bet that cleared your sinuses eh?

Cedric rushes to help Athena to her feet.

Athena: Thanks [She quickly lets go of his hand and walks to Fred, whose glaring at Cedric]

The women in the hall giggle whilst Athena looks to Fred and wiggles her eyebrows

They walk across the field and we see there's a massive crowd gathered and cheering, tents are set up all over.

Arthur: Well kids, welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!

"WHAT!!" Screams James "YOU GOT TO GO" Continued Regulus, all the quidditch players looked at the future gen with jealousy in their eyes. James turned to his parents "please can we go to the next one" "Okay James but you'll have to wait a few years" James jumped up and down in his seat but then stopped, his eyes went wide "A FEW YEARS!" He then fainted.

They walk into the crowd, taking in the sights. Music is playing and people fly about overhead on brooms. They approach a small tent.

Amos: Parting of the waves I think old chap, see you at the match.

Amos and Cedric separate and walk off.

Arthur: Home sweet home.

INT. TENT

They enter the tent, the inside is many times bigger than the outside.

Arthur: Girls. Choose a bunk and unpack. Ron, get out of the kitchen we're all hungry.

Everyone laughs at Ron. Molly smiles in amusement at her son.

Fred/George: Yeah get out of the kitchen Ron.
Arthur: Feet off the table.
Fred/George: Feet off the table.

They take their feet off the table and put them back on as soon as Arthur has walked past.

Everyone laughs at the twins who mockingly bow.

Athena: [She laughs at the twins then smiles] I love magic.

Everyone nods in agreement.

———————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication or Cedric will be very upset with you🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️