099. GOODBYE TO A PLACE YOU LOVE

Chapter ninety nine

"Goodbye to a place you love." 

Everyone had come back to Mckinley to reflect on the journey they had been on, where Caroline then had walked in and sat in her chair in front as everyone was either congratulating Rachel or Mercedes, but then when the two were done they turned their attention to where she was sitting and when they did their eyes went wide, as they walked up to her "what are you doing? That's my chair!" Rachel voiced, as Mercedes chuckled "no, it's my chair." she said, in which Caroline furrowed her brows "if you want I could sit somewhere else." she said, turning around to look for another seat.

"Yes!" Mercedes and Rachel voiced, as Caroline turned around, going to get up but before did, Kurt brought his hands out and put them on her shoulders "no. You stay here." he said, looking at Rachel and Mercedes "you two cut it out and greet each other and find another seat." he said, as Mercedes looked to Rachel "hello Rachel, I'm so happy to hear about all your success." she said "oh, thank you so much Mercedes. And you are looking well." Rachel told her "thank you." Mercedes said, as her and Rachel stepped away to find another seat.

As Mr Schuester then turned to them all after writing one hundred on the board "one hundred lessons." he said "hey, can I get Finn's plaque when we clear this place out?" Puck asked "no, the plaque stays here. Lillian and Finn belong here. At McKinley." Mr Schuester shared as he sighed "it means so much to me that so many of you came back at such short notice to celebrate the past few years to sit in this room one last time and sing. You assignment is to sing one of the songs we sang in here but reinvent it in some way. Way back in the old days when I started the glee club, I would give an assignment and then I would give a little demonstration on what I was looking for." he shared.

Making everyone cheer "see, you're all cheering now but just wait until he starts wrapping." Santana shared, as Mr Schuester held his hand up "okay, no hip hop today, Santana. However, I have asked a very special person to come join me. It seemed appropriate since her contributions helped save the glee club or at least the auditorium way back when. Please welcome all the way from broadway Miss April Rhodes!" he said, as the door opened and April walked in, as everyone cheered.

They all were then standing around the piano with champagne flutes and bottles as April was telling them a story "so Mr moneybags says to me, he says, April Rhodes, you sing like an angel and make love like a tiger. But the old ball and chains got your number so I'm afraid I got to set you loose. So you know what he did? He bought me an island!" she voiced, as Caroline leaned towards Blaine "don't trust her. When I was a kid leaving my dance studio she ran up to me drunk as a skunk going on about how she was my fairy godmother and thankfully I knew well enough not to talk to strangers that my dance teacher came out and yelled at her to get away from me. Then the first time I ever performed on stage she not only told me that I was going on but gave me a shot of tequila." she said.

As Blaine nodded "thank you April for that beautiful lesson in female empowerment." Mr Schuester said "amen." April then said "but why are we all holding these plastic champagne flutes?" Artie asked "because we are about to pop the cork with some bubbly. But don't worry this spumante is virgin." April shared as she pointed at Unique "probably like you will be for a long time." she said a she laughed "I told you!" Caroline voiced as Blaine's eyes went wide "anyway. Will and I want you to raise your glass to celebrate the glee club by singing, hands down, the best song the new directions ever did." April shared.

As Blaine raised his brows "wait a second the new directions never sang raise your glass, the warblers did that." Blaine shared, as Caroline furrowed her brows "right that was the night I won my trophy for original song and we beat you guys." she said, as Blaine nudged her, Caroline laughed "hit it, boys!" April voiced, as the band started playing as she walked over to the lights and started singing.