020. DID WE MAKE IT

Chapter twenty
"Did we make it."

It was finally almost regionals, as they were all at Mr Schuesters house for a pizza party, although it wasn't much of a party it was honestly really sad especially since they now knew Sue was gonna be one of the judges which automatically meant they weren't gonna place even if they weren't gonna be going up against vocal adrenaline, and they were all sitting the living room, Quinn and Mr Schuester walked out with the plates from the kitchen "no one wants any pizza?" Mr Schuester asked them as he then looked at them all, nobody said anything "all right, then let's get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual new directions regionals set list nominations party." Mr Schuester told them.

"What's the point, Mr Schue? Coach Sylvester is one of the judges. She's gonna crush us." Artie told him "Artie, you don't know that." Mr Schuester told them as Santana stood up, closing the pizza box "yes we do. She told us at cheerios practice." she told him, sitting back down "yeah. She said, I'm going crush glee club." Britney informed them "the whole freaking year.  All that hard work for nothing." Puck shared as Tina was sobbing and sniffling "I'm sorry. I just really love you guys. You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined glee club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right. Being part of something special. It made me special. I just can't believe it's gonna be over in a week." she told them.

As Caroline was now crying with her "I know." she told her, putting her arms around her as Tina hugged her back, Finn sat up from leaning against the coach "wait. Who says it's gonna be over?" he asked "please. You think Puck and Santana are gonna even acknowledge my existence once we're not in glee club together anymore?" Mercedes asked "she has a point." Puck told them "Mr Schuester? Do you think that instead of nominating songs, we can just..all go around the room and talk about things that we loved about glee club this year?" Rachel asked him, crying now as well, as Mr Schuester looked at them all and took a deep breath.

In glee club, as the others minus Finn and Rachel sat there, they watched as Mr Schuester wrote journey on the board and Caroline wasn't sure if he meant the band or if he meant what they had been through this year or possibly even both "Mr Schuester, Finn and I have something we want to say to you." Rachel told him as the two walked in "me first. Have a seat." Mr Schuester told them, as Finn and Rachel walked over and sat down.

"Nine months ago there were only five of you in here. And we sucked. I mean we really sucked. Bad." Mr Schuester told them, chuckling "one day all of you are gonna be gone, and all of this, all of us, will be nothing but a hazy memory. It will take you a second to remember everyones name. Someone will have to remind you of the songs we sung, the solos you got or didn't get. Life only really has one beginning and one end..and the rest is just a whole lot of middle. And I love you guys too much to let you not make the most of it. Now, I was gonna quit once, but you guys brought me back with don't stop believin. It was a nine, but we are going to make it a ten." he shared "we're doing don't stop at regionals?" Rachel asked "and then some." Mr Schuester told her.

"We are doing a journey medley. Because who cares what happens when we get there, when the getting there has been so much fun?" he asked them as everyone smiled at each other "Rachel, you had something you wanted to say?" Mr Schuester asked her "just that we're all really glad you didn't become an accountant." Rachel told them all "regionals..here we come." Mr Schuester told them as they all then looked at each other.

And soon before they knew it, it was Saturday and time for regionals as the girls were in their gold dresses with gold headbands while the boys were in black buttons up and pants with gold ties, where the other two judges besides Sue were Josh Groban, Olivia Knewton John and Rod Remington, where in the green room they all could hear aural Intensity on stage "a mash up of Olivia Knewton John and Josh Groban? Are you kidding me? Somebody tipped them off about the judges." Puck shared as he walked around the room "guys, we can't get distracted by what the other teams are doing." Rachel told them, walking back into the room as Finn stood up "we just gotta keep out heads in the game and focus." he told them, walking around himself.