005. APRIL RHODES

Chapter five
"April Rhodes."

With Rachel gone, Quinn had taken over her part in don't stop believing with Finn, as they all were standing in the choir room practicing as their invitational was coming up, they all were standing together in perfect formation.

"da na!"

Caroline and the others sang as they brought down their hands along with Finn and Quinn, Finn then walked forward and started to sing.

"A singer in a smoky room."

He smiled as Quinn then walked up from the other side, smiling as well

"A smell of wine and cheap perfume"

She sang as the two stood in the front, looking at each other

"for a smile, they can share the night."

They sang together, as they grabbed hands and began to spin around each other

"it goes on and on and on."

But before they could keep going, Quinn stopped and ran out of the room as they all watched her go "Quinn, you okay?" Mr Schuester asked her as she slammed the door on her way out, he then turned to Finn "I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito." Finn shared "can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt asked "your sexuality?" Santana asked, as Caroline snapped her head towards her "hey!" she voiced "Rachel. We can't do it without her." Kurt shared "that's not true. We may have to layer Santana and Mercedes over Quinns solo but we'll be fine." Mr Schuester shared "maybe for the invitational, not for the sectionals and certainly not for the regionals." Artie shared.

"The wheelchair kids right. That Rachel chick makes me wanna light myself on fire, but she can sing." Puck mentioned "Rachel left guys. She's gone. Now, if we're gonna make this thing work, we can't look back. All right, take five guys." Mr Schuester told them, turning around and walking toward's the piano, and as he did, Caroline went to go sit down as Tina and Mercedes stepped in front of her "oh, hey guys, what's going on?" she asked them "we need you to step up." Mercedes told her as Caroline chuckled "I don't know what you're talking about." she told them, stepping around them as Tina turned around following her "we..we mean with singing lead." she told her "yes because I wanna sing a potential love song with my brother." Caroline told them, throwing her arms up.

As Mercedes scoffed "please, all you'd have to do is change the choreography and change the verses around a bit and you two can do it and we can win." she shared, in which Caroline turned on her heel and faced them "Mr Schue, would never do that! It would mean going backwards and if he thought we could win without Rachel, he would've put me in instead of Quinn." she told them, turning around and grabbing her water bottle and as she did, Mercedes and Tina huffed, turning around and looking at Kurt, they walked up to him "does this have to do with bringing our shy star into the stage lights opposed to swaying in the back cause if so I'm in." Kurt told them, as him, Mercedes and Tina turned to look at Caroline who was oblivious to their plotting.

But yet, the next day, all of their planning had gone out the window as Mr Schuester had brought a women into the glee club who was older then the rest of them as they all sat in chairs looking at the two of them "guys, I'd like to introduce you to someone very special. This is April Rhodes. She's our newest member." Mr Schuester shared "wait, so old people can join glee club now?" Finn asked "old huh? You guys look like the worlds worst Benetton ad." April shared as Artie raised his hand "Mr Schuester, this seems like a terrible idea." he shared "April is a great singer. And she never graduated." Mr Schuester informed them "we appreciate what you're trying to do, but she's no Rachel, and we've all been discussing and.." Mercedes was saying.