029. CHRISTMAS IN OHIO

Chapter twenty nine
"Christmas in Ohio."

Christmas used to be a great holiday, where Caroline even used to look forward to it, even if her mom never really got them many gifts, just spending time with her and Finn meant a lot and this year they got to spend it with Burt and hopefully possibly Kurt since neither of them had seen him since he started going to Dalton, although last year a different person came into her life around Christmas, a boy who actually liked her.

Her and Jesse were together last year, and that was one of their last happy moments she could remember before the Rachel fiasco, which was why she was standing at her locker with her head inside of it and as Sam leaned back from around his, he furrowed his brows, seeing that she was dressed in sweatpants, wearing a hood over her head, where if he didn't know she was his locker neighbor he wouldn't even have thought the person standing next to him was here "you okay?" he asked her, but instead of answering him, Caroline moved her head out from her locker "I'm not gonna be in glee club today. Or possibly at all this week." she told him, shutting her locker and turning walking down the hallway as Sam watched her go, having not expected that at all.

Sitting in the auditorium, hiding away from all the Christmas spirit, Caroline had her ukulele out and her songbook open, as she started playing, and singing a song, she hadn't sang in a whole year, but she thought maybe if she want it, it would make some of the pain go away, knowing this song was her present to Jesse last year.

"I think of you when the wind blows

I see your face almost everywhere."

But instead this time she changed the next verse knowing he was even farther now both physically and mentally since they were no longer together.

"Sure, maybe LA is not close
But I'm still breathing you in the air."

She then took a deep breath and continued playing and singing.

"BecauseThe best part is knowing there's something in my dreams
That always makes me smile, it's you

The best part is knowin' there's someone in my life
That makes it all worthwhile
It's you."

She then stood up and began walking around the stage.

"When I don't know what to do

No, I'm never giving up, never giving up on you, baby
There's no need to be blue
Because."

Spinning on her heel, she began walking backwards as she had a smile on her face.

"The best part is knowing there's something in my dreams

That always makes me smile, it's you
The best part is knowin' there's someone in my life
That makes it all worthwhile
It's you
You, you
You, you, it's you
It's you."

She sang and when she finished the song, her smile fell, as she brought down her ukulele and turned walking back to the piano where she left all her stuff, and as she collected her things and walked down the hallway, she was heading to her locker to put her ukulele away, but as she did, a Christmas elf was standing at her locker as she furrowed her brows and walked up to them "Caroline Hudson?" the girl asked her "yes." Caroline told her, unlocking her locker "I'm you're singing telegram." the girl told her and when she did, Caroline threw her ukulele in and turned to the girl with rage in her eyes "what?" she asked her as the girl smiled "yeah, someone decided to send you a little Christmas cheer." she shared, as Caroline laughed, stepping toward's her "do me a favor and don't sing and walk the hell away!" she voiced, turning around and slamming her locker and walking away herself.