035. ORIGINALS

Chapter thirty five
"Originals."

Sitting in the choir room, Mr Schuester had walked in "guys, I have some bad news. You know how we decided on sing by my chemical romance for regionals? Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it." he shared as Puck scoffed "it was the perfect anthem." he told them "how much do you wanna bet that Coach Sylvester had something to do with this?" Mercedes asked "one step ahead of you." Mr Shcuester told her "so, what are we gonna do now?" Mercedes asked "I think we should write original songs for regionals." Rachel shared.

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana asked as everyone raised their hands except for Caroline and Quinn "no, I think Rachel's right. This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different." Quinn shared "that's true, but if all the other team are doing amazing songs, we're not gonna be so good." Mercedes shared "you're right. We're not gonna be as good. We're gonna be better. We won't be using other peoples words or music. It'll be our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have two really talented song writers in our midst. Rachel, I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together." Quinn. shared.

"I'm not totally against the idea either, word on the street is the judges are looking for something new and different. And doing original songs would be the best way to do that." Caroline shared "I'm with Quinn, Rachel and Caroline. I mean, if these three could agree on something, it's probably an idea worth considering." Finn shared "wait, wait. So suddenly you three are writing the music for regionals? No way. Everyone should get a chance to write a song." Santana shared "Santana's right. We can do this." Sam told them, although when he did he turned and looked at Caroline "what do you think, Mr Schue?" Mercedes asked "I think were doing original songs for regionals." Mr Schuester told them, as everyone got excited over the idea.

Although that idea quickly went down hill cause as Caroline was sitting in the auditorium the next day, she was coming up empty minded as she huffed and slammed her head down on the piano, banging her hands against the keys, cause for some reason none of the past songs in her book she thought were good enough for regionals and the one's that were just ideas with titles and certain weirds were written yet none of them were giving her motivation to make her right another song, sitting her head up, she put her hands to the keys and started to play the keys to a song that she knew, as she sang.

"Mmm. ooh

I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face
So afraid to tell the world what I've got to say
But I have this dream, bright inside of me
I'm gonna let it show, it's time to let you know
To let you know

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me

Find out, where I'm supposed to be
Find out, who I am
Find out, where I'm supposed to be."

And what she didn't notice was that Mr Schuester was coming to find her to check on how it was going, as he found her there singing just like he had the first day he met her as he stopped, watching her.

"Do you know what it's like to feel so in the dark?
To dream about a life where you're the shining star?
Even though it seems like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself, it's the only way

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me