017. DREAMS

Chapter seventeen
"Dreams."

Having taken a break from school after her breakup with Jesse, Caroline was finally back as she sat in the choir room with everyone, Mr Schuester stood in front of them with somebody else "okay, guys, listen up. This Mr Ryan. He's a member of the school board and would like to say a few words." Mr Schuester shared, stepping away but then he quickly stepped back "and I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions." he told them turning and walking off sit down.

"Take out a piece of paper." Mr Ryan told them, as everyone leaned down and grabbed one "and on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream, a dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself." Mr Ryan told them, as Caroline wrote down being a pop star on her piece of paper especially since when she was at home getting over her breakup with Jesse she had written her own break up song about it.

But then she noticed Mr Ryan rip the paper Artie was writing his dream on and crumple it and throw it into the trash "your dream is never going to happen. Ninety one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Alan County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to work for a mid market health insurance provider, or find an entry level job in an elderly care facility, you're going to be very disappointed." he told them, and that just reminded Caroline of what Sue always told her "this is really depressing." Mercedes mentioned "I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve showbiz. Well, let me tell you, showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." Mr Ryan shared.

"But that's what I want to do with my life." Tina told him "oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I'm just trying to spare you disappointment." Mr Ryan told them "I think we get your point." Mr Schuester told him as Mr Ryan looked to him "ah, well, Schuester here's a prime example. He used to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But..he couldn't make it happen for himself so he now has to try and convince you all that it'll happen for you. Guess what. His dream didn't work out. And neither will yours." he told them as Tina started crying so did Caroline although she really just put it off on her having just gotten over a breakup to where her dreams getting crushed in the span of the same week was a lot.

"Okay. You're done here." Mr Schuester said as he stood up "you would be wise to show me some respect." Mr Ryan told him as Mr Schuester walked towards him "you've said your piece. Now get out." he told him, stopping in front of him "well, Schuester, I should thank you. You've made my decision about which program to cut a lot easier." Mr Ryan told him as he turned walking out, Mr Schuester then turned to them all.

Sitting in the auditorium during lunch, Caroline was at the piano as she pressed the keys, she had her songbook open to the breakup song she had written about her and Jesse, which she was called Traitor, but after the news she heard today she didn't feel like singing it, as she brought her hands up and slammed it shut as she huffed "come on, Caroline." she told herself, putting her hands back on the keys, she started playing a tune and then it seemed to just come to her as she started singing.

"All my life, I've seen myself through your eyes

Wonderin' if I am good enough for your time
You love me but for all the wrong reasons
Am I somethin' to you and not someone?
'Cause I feel trapped on this pedestal you put me on
You tell me that I'm beautiful but I think that's an understatement

'Cause I am more than what I am to you
You say I'm perfect but I've got thorns with my petals, too
And I won't be confined to your point of view
I'm breakin' through the glass you put me in
'Cause my beauty's from within