Chapter 24 Escape

Oh no... Someone comes out of the alleyway and starts to stare at us. A small child.
"A-A..." The boy says.
"Crap..." I whisper.
"Ahh!" He screams.
Ada turns around and says, "Run!" We run to the jeep as people start to run out of the alleyway. Why is this gas station so damn far away from the jeep! Ada takes out her gun from her holster and keeps running. Some of them start to get in front of us and she starts to shoot. I watch as blood splats about and body's starting to collapse in front of me. Finally I saw the jeep not far from where we are. Ada's the first to jump into the jeep then almost everyone's in but me and Cody who are about to get on. Suddenly one comes out of no where and blocks the path back to the jeep. Cody stops and goes through an alleyway.
"We have to hurry!" He yells. He finds a back door to a store and kicks it open. We go in and he sit down next to the door.
"What are you doing we have to go now!" I whisper/yell.
"Wait before we go I sneaked something into your book bag before we left..." He replied. I sigh and toke by book bag off. I plop down right next to him and reach into my book-bag. I feel something cold touch my fingertip. I take it out of my book bag and feel my heart skip a beat. Why would he had put this in here? A M-9 sat in my hands, it's cold touch made sparks in my hands.
"Your welcome I just saved our lives..." He says reaching into my book bag. He grabs the same gun in one hand with a few ammo clips in the other.
"Why did you sneaks these, doesn't Ada just give them to us?" I ask.
"Pft, you think she will just give them to anyone?"
"Duh she trusts us!"
"Not me..."
"What do you mean not you?"
"I-I don't want to talk about it, especially now!" He says grabbing my gun. He puts a clip into my gun and cocks it.
"Cody..."
"Ya?"
"How did you get to the compound?" He pauses and starts to bit his lip.
"I-I actually..." He looks away before he can even finish his sentence.
"Cody are you ok?" I ask. He shifts over to the right away from me.
"I actually was there before anyone... I was inside when the whole thing went down...Ada was the first to reach the compound then Nick and so on forth, Ada always had me on her bad side, she never told anyone but I know...What do I do Abby?" I watch as he ran a hand through this hair. I look at his glossy eyes. I wrap my arms around him. I feel tears hit my shirt and hands briefly touching my arm.
"I'm sorry I ask..." I say righting my grip.
"It's fine...I love you..."
"I love you too..." I feel a kiss on the top of my head. He Wraps his arm around me and kiss's me again.
"Let's get going..."
"Ok..." He gets up and gives me a hand up. I put my book bag on again and hold my gun.
"Ready?"
"I'm always ready." I say smiling. He gives me a smile and opens the door. He looks both ways and waves me to go out of the room. We go the same way we were going again and find our selfs in the road again. We quickly run down the street where we can see the trees again. We can hear a truck not far from us. I go faster then Cody and turn the corner. I pull my gun up and see someone standing in front of me.
"Anthony?" I say.
"Abby?" He says. "What are you doing here your going to get yourself killed!"
"I know just..." Whack! I see my brother on the floor before I could finish.
"We have to go now!" Cody interrupted. He grabs my hand and stars to run. I watch as my brother got rubbed his eyes and got back up. He saw me and Cody running away. I can feel the tension now. He starts to run after us. We see the jeep as we enter the woods.
"Hey over here!" Cody yells. The jeep stops.
"Hurry!" They yelled. Me and Cody start to catch up and get on. As we got on I looked back as the jeep starts to go. I see my brother trying to catch up.
"Wait Abby!!" He yells. He falls face first into the floor and two others come out of the woods and grab him. "No!! Help me!" I look at Cody who's exhausted. Sandra starts to pay him with a towel and getting rid of his sweat. I look back at my brother. I let go of myself, and everything goes blank...

End of Chapter 24....