062. cave

"Okay, guys, I think this is El Tesoro." Kie says. "The trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here."

"Oh, shit. That's one of Singh's guys. What are we gonna do?" JJ asks.

"We gotta get past them somehow." Zack says.

~ ~ ~

The three girls watch as the guy reads the note. Erin gives a thumbs up and Pope throws a firework, it going off.

"Miguel! They're shooting at us!" The guy shouts.

"Is he buying it?" JJ asks. Kie nods. Pope throws another firework over to the boat.

"Shit, we're surrounded!"

"Oh, shit. Oh, shit." Kie says as the guy aims his gun.

"Get down!" Erin yells, the group all taking cover as the guy fires his gun repeatedly.

"Pope, return fire! Return fire!" JJ orders after the shooting stops. Pope throws another firework.

"There's to many of them!"

"Let's get out of here! Go!"

The girls watch the two guys get in the boat and start to leave.

"Come on, get them." JJ says. Zack throws a firework towards the boat.

"Go faster. Faster!"

"Bye bye." Pope says.

"Think we're getting better at this." JJ comments.

"Oh, yeah." Pope agrees.

"Definitely." Zack nods, Pope doing the pogue handshake with both of them.

"Hey, hey." Cleo interrupts. "Ain't no time for celebrating. We didn't do nothing yet." She walks past them.

"That's fair." Kie shrugs, following Cleo.

"She's got a point." Erin agrees, walking after the two girls.

"I thought we did something." JJ says.

"We did." Pope nods.

"We did something." Zack nods.

"Well done, soldiers." JJ says, the three following the girls off.

+++

"Singh and his men can't be far behind us." Big John says. "Keep on that heading, northwest. That's the way the hand pointed. That's home." They continue to hike.

"Pick it up, old man. Let's go." John B urges, realizing his dad falling behind.

"I need a minute." Big John says.

"You need a minute? What are you talking about?" John B asks. "Come on, let's pick it up. Let's go."

"Go on, I'll catch up." Big John says. "I just need a minute to catch my breath."

"Sarah, one sec. We got a straggler." John B says.

"All right." Sarah says, the two girls continuing to go up the hill.

They take a break once they get to the top. Brooklyn winces as she sits on a rock, quietly crying out when she touches her ankle.

"You okay?" Sarah asks.

"No. I think I sprained my ankle last night." Brooklyn grumbles. "Hurts to walk."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Sarah asks.

"Well, what, are you gonna give me a piggy back ride? Besides I think the adrenaline kind of numbed it for a bit." Brooklyn says.

Sarah sighs, thinking of any way to help her cousin. She looks up when she hears some sort of whooshing sound.