003. day after a hurricane

The pogues are on the boat out at the marsh and Pope is driving.

"Let me show you a party trick." JJ says.

"Terrifying." Kie comments as JJ stands up on the bow.

"Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster, please?" JJ asks.

"Oh, come on, man." Zack groans. "It doesn't work."

"Oh, God, here we go. I'm moving." John B moves to sit behind Pope. "It doesn't work. We've tried this like 6,000 times."

"I got this. It's gonna work!" JJ insists.

"No, it's not!" Zack argues while gently pushing Erin behind him so she doesn't get splashed with beer.

JJ stands at the bow, holding his beer bottle up to his mouth, trying to get some of it in his mouth. However, most -- if not all -- of it, splash back onto the others making them groan.

"Oh, my God." Pope groans.

"Oh, my God, you're getting beer in my hair." Kie says.

"All right." Pope says, holding a hand up to block his face. "All right! All right, stop!"

"All right, you're done." John B states.

The boat jolts to a stop, swerving, the group all falling with the impact, JJ falling into the water. Erin lets out a shriek as she crashes on top of Zack, both groaning in pain.

"Jesus, Pope!" Kie gasps.

"Ugh. I think your knee broke my ribs." Zack groans, gently pushing the girl off of him.

"Sorry." Erin winces. "You okay?"

"Aside from that, yeah." Zack mutters. "J, you good, man?" He calls out.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ says, pain in his voice.

"I don't think that's physically possible." Erin comments.

"Exactly my point." JJ groans.

"Kie, you okay?" John B asks.

"I'm all right." She says.

"Pope, what did you do?" JJ asks.

"Sandbar. The channel changed." Pope says.

"Yeah, no shit." Zack mutters.

"Ugh, this is probably gonna mess this whole place up." John B says. Pope stands on the bow.

"Hey, I saved the beer, though." JJ says, laughing a little.

"Congrats, JJ." John B remarks.

"Guys... I think there's a boat down there." Pope says.

"Shut up." John B says.

"No way." Kie argues.

"Yeah, right." Zack scoffs.

Erin doesn't say anything, walking up and standing next to Pope.

"No, no, guys. I'm serious. There's a boat down there. For real." Pope says.

"Holy, shit, he's right." Erin's jaw drops. Kie, John B, and Zack stand up, looking down in the water to find the boat. "It's a boat!"

"Holy, shit." Zack mumbles, jumping in the water. The others quickly strip to their bathing suits before jumping in the water.

"You think there's a dead body down there?" Pope asks. "Guys, wait up!" He yells, quickly taking his shirt and hat off.

"Get your ass in here, Pope!" JJ calls and the Heyward boy jumps in.

They all swim down to inspect the boat, coming up for air a few moments later.