023. end of summer

It's been a couple of days since John B and Sarah attempted their escape. Brooklyn had been staying at Erin's, but Shoupe has now dragged her home, though even he seems reluctant on the idea.

Shoupe knocks on the front door to the Cameron household and Riley answers the door.

"Ah, our little fugitive." Riley teases with a grin. Brooklyn rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Riley." Patrick walks up. Riley rolls her eyes, walking away. "Thanks, Shoupe. I promise this sort of thing won't happen again." He says, glaring at Brooklyn.

"Right." Shoupe mutters.

Brooklyn reluctantly walks into the house, knowing she doesn't have an option.

"Just go easy on the girl. She did just lose her cousin." Shoupe tells Patrick.

"Right. Right, of course. Thanks again, Shoupe." Patrick says.

"And just remember we still got a lot to talk about." Shoupe reminds.

"Right. Of course." Patrick nods. He shuts the door, turning to Brooklyn.

"What makes you think anything's gonna stop me from walking out that door? Or sneaking out at any point?" Brooklyn questions.

"Upgraded security system. Only me and your siblings know the codes." Patrick says.

"And I'm gonna care if I set it off, why?" Brooklyn asks.

"Well, luckily, you're not gonna have a chance to set it off. Cause you'll be in your room." Patrick tightly grabs her arm, starting to drag her upstairs.

"You can't just lock me away forever." Brooklyn remarks as he forces her upstairs.

"Watch me, sweetheart." Patrick shoves her into her bedroom. Brooklyn looks around, it all as she left it, aside from the bars on her windows.

"You're fucking joking." She scoffs.

"No. No, you are in here until you can get on this family's side and forget about all those damn little pogues."

"You know, you were married to a pogue. Did you even love her? Cause you seem pretty unaffected by the whole fact that your nephew fucking murdered her."

"Rafe didn't do shit." Patrick sneers.

"What is this big thing to protect him? He killed two people! And you were supposedly in love with one! He took my mom away."

"John B took her away."

"John B didn't do shit and you know it."

"Brooklyn!" Patrick roars. "You are staying in here until you understand why we have to do this. Until I can trust that you won't try to throw your cousin under the bus."

"It's not just my cousin. It's you and your brother, too. You guys killed John B's dad." Brooklyn states.

"There's no proof of that. And even if there was, it was an accident." Patrick says.

"Because that makes it so much fucking better?! You killed Big John! You're a murderer, and it runs in the fucking family! You're too busy trying to cover your own asses, you don't care that your fucking wife is dead!"

Brooklyn cries out in pain as Patrick's fist connects with her face and she falls to the floor. She raises a hand to her face, cradling where he just hit her.

"Brooke... honey..." Patrick sounds concerned.

"No. No, don't--" Brooklyn scoots back. "Do not fucking touch me." She seethes.