010. movie night

JJ practices shooting his gun with an old teddy bear being his target. Zack is working on his motorbike.

"JJ! Zack!" Pope calls, walking over, but the blonde is in his own little world. Zack glances up in acknowledgement, but returns his attention to the bike.

"What was that?" JJ mumbles before firing the gun again. "That's what I thought, man."

"JJ! JJ! Zack!" Pope yells as JJ fires another shot before getting his attention. "They know." He states as JJ takes his headphones off.

"What?" JJ asks.

"They know." Pope repeats.

"All right, chill, bro. All right? They don't know shit." JJ assures.

"Topper knows I sunk his boat." Pope says.

"How do you know they know?" JJ asks.

"Because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me." Pope says.

"Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit." JJ says.

"They have cameras. They could've seen me."

"There was no power. How could they have seen you?" Zack asks.

"It's Figure Eight. They got generators." Pope says. "They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats. It's not a good look on my transcript."

"Enough with the regret, bro!" JJ exclaims, standing up and cutting Pope off. "They caved your face in. They made Zack's stomach black and blue. They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle."

"Now, if any kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye, and..." JJ trails off, waiting for Pope.

"Deny the living shit out of it." Pope says.

"That's right. deny, deny, deny." JJ repeats.

"But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." JJ says, pointing to the gun.

+++

"Please, Brookie." Wyatt begs.

"God, you're twelve years old. Can't you go to the movie by yourself?" Brooklyn complains.

"But I don't wanna go by myself. And all of my friends are busy. Come on, please." He whines. "I won't bug you for a week."

"Yeah, right." Brooklyn scoffs.

"Please." Wyatt juts his lower lip out.

"What do I get out of it?" Brooklyn asks.

"Quality time with your baby brother." Wyatt grins.

"Don't think so." Brooklyn says, squishing his cheeks.

"I won't tell mom and dad about that guy you snuck inside the other night." Wyatt says.

"You heard that?" Brooklyn asks.

"Well, thankfully I just heard your window. Nothing else." Wyatt says.

"Fine." Brooklyn mutters and Wyatt grins.

+++

"Erin, you're going to that movie thing tonight, right?" Lillian asks her daughter.

"Yeah. Why?" Erin asks.

"Can you take Jack, please? He really wants to go, but I have to go, and I don't want him going alone." Lillian says.

"So he has to tag along with me and my friends? How is that fair?" Erin asks.

"Well, Zack and JJ are brothers. They're both going, no?" Lillian asks.