017. breaking points

tw: domestic abuse

The twins get to their house and don't find Luke inside so they go to the back porch. JJ has to fight to open the back door, but soon opens it enough for them to fit through.

"We've been staying at John B's." JJ informs.

"I didn't ask you where you two were stayin'. I don't care." Luke says. "I knew you'd get hungry."

"That's not why we came back, dad." JJ says.

"Mm-hmm." Luke hums.

"I got the money." JJ says.

"Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it." Luke says. JJ drops the bag onto the table and Luke opens it.

"It's all there. 25K." JJ says with a small smile and Luke slightly chuckles.

"I don't know how you got this. I-- I don't even wanna know." Luke says. JJ takes his hat off, tossing it in his hand. "You did it." He says and JJ grins. "I'll grant you that. You did it. There's beer in the cooler."

JJ gets a beer out of the cooler for himself, giving one to Zack.

"I think that sale's still on at Guffy's of Makos. They're practically given' 'em away." Luke says, walking across the porch and picking a magazine up. Zack and JJ share a look.

"Dad, that's for the restitution." JJ says, but Luke ignores him and is talking to himself. "Dad." JJ puts his beer down, walking a bit closer. "Can you please just do the right thing for once, okay?"

"You know how much you cost me, you little shit?" Luke asks. "This nut?" He shakes the stash of money. "It ain't going to the cops." Luke puts the money in a canister.

"No. I'm gonna take it south. I'm gonna triple--"

"Dad!"

"You got something to say?! After everything you done?" Luke asks his blonde son. "You wanna get into it?" He pushes JJ back a little making Zack tense up. JJ looks down, avoiding eye contact.

"You wanna get into it?" Luke asks Zack who looks down. "I didn't think so."

Luke walks back to the table where he was working on something.

"Let's just go, man. We'll figure it out." Zack mumbles, gently pulling on his brother's arm.

"Man, people keep wastin' my time." Luke grumbles. "I gotta fix this motor." Zack internally winces at the look on JJ's face.

JJ looks over at their dad before he darts for the canister and grabs it. He dashes for the door, but Luke charges at him. Before he can grab JJ, Zack gets in the way, Luke slamming him against the wall.

Luke hits Zack a few times before JJ tackles his father, both crashing to the ground. Zack heavily breathes, watching the two wrestle around, Luke hitting JJ a couple times before getting up.

"Boy, you stay down there." Luke demands. JJ gets up and punches Luke. Luke punches JJ and knocks him back to the ground and gets on top of him, wrapping his hands around his neck.

JJ's face starts to go red and Zack's eyes widen in panic. He kicks Luke in the stomach, pushing him off of JJ.

Luke glares up at his son as he stumbles to his feet. Before Luke can punch him, Zack manages to hit him. Zack punches him a few more times before Luke gets the upper hand and punches his son. He slams the boy against the wall again, his hands wrapped around the brunette's throat.

Zack tries to fight him off as Luke cuts his oxygen off.

JJ runs over to help, trying to pull Luke away. His father elbows him in the face, knocking the blonde down. Luke punches Zack a few more times before strangling him with both hands again.