014. stuck in a room

"No effing way!" Kie exclaims.

John B sits on the arm of the couch while Brooklyn and Sarah are on the couch. JJ is in an arm chair with Erin sitting on the chair of the arm and Pope is on a stool on JJ's other side. Zack is leaning against the porch and next to Erin.

Brooklyn didn't really want to come, but she had overheard Sarah and John B talking about gold earlier and they explained it to her, John B somewhat reluctantly. She still didn't want to go to the chateau, but Sarah managed to convince her.

"You brought them here? So what? They're in on this now?" Kie asks, pointing to the cousins while looking at John B as she stands across from them.

The brunette looks to his other four friends and Pope shrugs.

"Look, all I care about is their cut comes out of your share." JJ tells John B.

"Oh, yeah." Zack nods.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A pogue thing." Kie says.

"Look, I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope says.

"Thank you." Kie says.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B asks.

"Fair point." Erin mumbles.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope says.

"That's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ says.

"Oh, yeah. He handled it much better than Erin." Zack says.

"Because you can fall of those things so easily." Erin comments.

"I know, sweetie." Zack pats her on the head.

"That's cute, guys." John B mutters.

"You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought them." Kie argues.

"Stop talking about us like we're not here!" Sarah complains.

"Then leave." Kie says and Sarah scoffs. "And why is she here, anyway? She didn't even know about the gold."

"Well, terrible timing in walking into a house kind of informs you. And I'm here because Sarah doesn't usually physically fight, so if you need to get punched, I'm all in." Brooklyn grins.

"I told you." Sarah tells John B.

"Told him what exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie asks

"No, that you're a shit talking bitch." Sarah snaps back. Brooklyn quietly laughs.

The two start to argue as JJ, Zack, and Pope place bets. Erin shakes her head at the three boys.

"Everybody shut up!" John B snaps, everybody going quiet. "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're... you're my..."

"Say it." Sarah softly mumbles.

"You're my girlfriend." John B states.

"Oh, shit." Erin mumbles.

"Oh, that's new." Pope mumbles.

"And Brooklyn is... uh..." John B says.

"I'm not here. Ignore me. Please." Brooklyn says.

"She's your girlfriend now? What was all that talk about you were just using her for information?" Kie asks. "Get a map, cut her loose."

"You said what?" Brooklyn asks, glaring at John B.

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asks him.

"No." John B denies.

"Yeah." Kie says.