045. stranded

The girls are sitting on the beach while the boys drag the lifeboat on land.

"Good job, guys." Sarah calls out once they get it far enough.

"Good job." Kie echoes.

"JJ, you all right there, buddy?" John B asks after seeing the blonde wobble a bit.

"Yeah. Still a little dizzy." JJ says as the four reach the girls. "Okay, anybody know where we're at?"

"Deserted beach, unknown island." Pope says.

"All right, I'll take those as a no." JJ says. "Plan A, huh, Pope? That went well."

"This is the lowest we can go." Pope states.

"I mean... we could be dead, so..." Erin shrugs.

"We literally have nothing else to lose. The cross, gone." Pope says.

"The gold, gone." Sarah says.

"Seriously, if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, I'd say we're at a dollar fifty." JJ says.

"That's more than I got on me." Kie says.

"Yeah, you're right." John B speaks up. "But, I mean, we've... we've had some good stuff happen, right?"

"Name something." Pope tells him.

"Um... uh, the boiler room." John B says, looking at Cleo. "What? I mean, if the boiler didn't explode, I wouldn't have gotten away from Rafe. I couldn't have gotten the Zodiac and gotten us out of here."

"That wasn't luck." Cleo tells John B. "That thing was gonna blow the second I stopped feeding it."

"Stealing my thunder, Cleo." John B remarks.

"Sorry." Cleo says.

"Um... okay. Pope, you're related to Denmark Tanny. That's crazy." John B says.

"And I lost all his inheritance." Pope states.

"You know what?" John B stands up. "Guys, this is it. This is the pogue life. We are in the Caribbean. It's our own little slice of paradise. With my best friends, with my family. So I don't know. I wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else."

"Look, and while you guys were complaining about every little thing... JJ?" He walks over to the blonde.

"Hmm?" JJ hums, sticking his Swiss Army knife into the tree.

"I was looking at those burly lefts." John B says.

"There's some slabs out there." JJ agrees.

"Just a few." John B mumbles. "Kie, you see that? I know you wanna get out there."

"No boards." Kie says.

"Well, we can bodysurf till we make some boards." John B says. "Zacky? Erin?"

"Sounds cool with me." Zack shrugs.

"Mmm..." Erin considers.

"Come on, Erin. You know you want to." John B says. Erin lightly rolls her eyes, letting out a small laugh. "Pope? Come on, man."

"They do look pretty tasty." Pope comments.

"Oh, yes, they do." John B says.

"There's nobody around." Pope says, standing up and standing next to John B. "We could squat here for a bit. Kind of belongs to us now, huh?"

"You got a point." John B says.

"Nine way split?" Pope asks, him and John B doing the pogue handshake.

"Poguelandia." JJ says in an accent.

"Oh boy." John B comments.

"Here we go." Zack mutters.

"I claim thee Poguelandia." JJ says in an accent before going back to his normal voice. "I like the ring of it. I'm gonna make a flag. It's gonna have a chicken on it. With a coconut bra, smoking a J... in crocs." He explains as everybody laughs.

"I could use a J." Kie comments.

"Can we vote on this?" Sarah asks.

John B helps Sarah up as Pope helps Cleo up. Zack helps Kie and Erin up while everybody talks about going full pogue. JJ holds a hand out to Brooklyn.

"Full pogue life now, baby." He grins. Brooklyn lets out a small laugh. She nods and takes his hand, JJ pulling her to her feet.

By nightfall, the group were gathered around a fire as they cooked fish, all enjoying the warm night and each other's company.