040. gator dinner

The four pogues quietly make their way to the Carrera house, Kie's dad's truck outside. JJ looks in the window of the truck.

"He's not in there. We're good." JJ whispers. They crouch next to the fence. "Are you sure you wanna do this? A little Dad Theft Auto?" The other three give him weird looks.

"No." Kie says.

"All right, here we go." JJ opens the gate. "Go, go, go, go, go." Kie quietly goes in, JJ shutting the gate again.

After a few minutes, Kie comes sneaking back out and JJ opens the gate.

"Hey." He whispers and Kie tosses him the keys which he catches. They stay slightly low as they all get in the truck, JJ driving, Kie in the passenger, and Erin and Zack in the back.

+++

They get to the chateau.

"This will only take a sec. I think it's in the surf shack." JJ says as he parks the truck. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's in the surf shack. I'll be right back. I got it." JJ and Zack both get out, running for the surf shack. Halfway there, JJ falls flat on his face.

"Oh, my-- dude." Zack rolls his eyes.

JJ gets up, resuming his run.

"I'm okay!" He calls back.

The twins get to the surf shack and quickly start to get everything. Before they can get the winch, JJ is grabbed from behind, a hand clamped over his mouth. Zack looks up, seeing his dad.

"Hey." Zack rushes over.

"J, J, J, it's me. It's your father. Stop fighting me." Luke harshly whispers. "I don't want anybody to know I'm here, all right? All right."

"Get off him." Zack growls, finally getting Luke to let go of the blonde.

"Get off me!" JJ scurries to the opposite side of the shack, Zack holding onto his arm. "How'd you get out?"

"Work release. Good behavior. Can you believe that?" Luke asks. The twins both shake their heads as they spot Luke's bloody knuckles.

"Yeah." Luke shakes his hand out. "Yeah. Busted a window in a pharmacy. Busted that pharmacist too. Look, I gotta get out of here. That pharmacist can ID me."

"JJ!" Kie yells, honking the horn. She gets out and switches to the driver's seat.

"I gotta get off this island. So you two gotta help me." Luke says. "And I'm done with Kildare. I'm taking Malcolm's boat, and I need to get to the other side of the island."

JJ grabs the winch as Kie honks the horn some more. JJ eyes the bag that's between him and his dad. He glances at his brother.

"J! J!" Luke quietly yells.

The two brothers try to run off, JJ grabbing the winch. Luke grabs onto JJ, Zack trying to pull him off.

"Get off me!" JJ struggles.

"Listen to me." Luke grabs onto both of their jackets. "I should've had the Phantom, but I don't because of you two." He angrily says. "I got your restitution hanging over me. This is your fault."

"Look at me." Luke says, his voice going soft. The two glance at Luke. "You two telling me you're not gonna help your own blood?" He quietly asks.

JJ stares at him, glancing at his brother out of the corner of his eye. JJ dwells over it before shoving his dad in the direction of the truck.

"Jayje--"

"Shut up. You know it's better we deal with this now than later."

"What the frick? No. Immediately no." Kie states, getting out of the truck.