018. calm before the storm

Erin and Zack are getting ready to go to the chateau, the girl walking out of her room after changing.

"Hey." Zack says. "So, uh... um, a-about last night. The-- the kiss and everything, I... uh..."

"You don't have to say anything." Erin says. "You needed comfort, I get it."

"Right." Zack mumbles. "But, uh... would... would I completely fuck this friendship up if-- if I said I really liked it? And that... that I really like you?"

"What?" Erin asks.

"Look, I-- I do like you. As more than a friend. And I know the whole no pogue-on-pogue macking rule and everything, but I don't really ca--" Zack's cut off as Erin kisses him, her hands cupping his face. Zack kisses back, his hands falling onto her waist.

They break apart after a few moments.

"That answer your question?" She asks.

"Kinda." Zack mumbles and she quietly laughs.

"We'll figure this all out later. We gotta go to the chateau before Pope has an aneurysm or some shit." Erin says and Zack laughs.

+++

The two get to the chateau, only Kie and Pope outside.

"Sup, guys." Erin greets, walking over to where Pope is working on how they're gonna get the gold.

"Hey." Kie smiles.

"Where's JJ and JB?" Zack asks.

"Um, we haven't seen John B. JJ's inside." Pope informs.

"What the fuck is that?" Zack questions, pointing at the hot tub.

"What JJ spent all of the money on." Kie answers.

"All-- all of the money?" Zack asks and Kie nods. "Damn. Well, it's not gonna fix anything, but least it's cool." Kie rolls her eyes.

"Dude, that's actually kind of sweet." Erin comments, looking at the hot tub.

"Okay, party animals. You can get in later. More pressing matters at hand." Kie says, motioning to the winch.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll be right back." Zack says before going inside. He opens the door, finding JJ getting a beer. JJ looks up at the footsteps, seeing his brother.

"Hey." The blonde quietly greets.

"What's up?" Zack nods. JJ holds the beer out to him and Zack takes it. "Thanks."

"Yeah." JJ mumbles, getting another beer out.

"So, uh... how are you doing?" Zack asks, opening the beer.

"Oh, yeah, no, no, I-- I'm great." JJ says, nodding. "You?"

"Fantastic." Zack answers.

"Mm." JJ takes a sip of his beer. "It's great we can still at least somewhat lie to each other." He comments and Zack laughs.

"And we can also still see right through the lies." Zack mutters.

"You go to Erin's last night?" JJ asks.

"Yeah. Spent the night there." Zack nods.

"Good to know." JJ mumbles.

"So... you bought a hot tub?"

"I, uh... uh, yeah." JJ weakly chuckles. "Only live once, right?"

"Well... least you blew all the money on something cool and that everybody can use." Zack comments.

"You're not pissed?"

"Nope. Restitution is dad's problem. After all, he is the adult in this... extremely fucked up dynamic."