044. unexpected reunions

The group sneak around where the ship is and make sure they don't get seen. They soon find a decent hiding spot where they can see the ship and see Rose stop the car.

"Wait. The Coastal Venture. Dude, I know that ship." JJ whispers.

"Yeah, our dad did legs on her last summer. It's a total tramp steamer." Zack says.

"We worked on her in port." JJ adds.

"There's the cross. Right there. Look." John B points out the crate where Rafe and a couple of guys are standing while the cross gets lifted up.

"God, I hate that guy." JJ groans.

"Who doesn't?" Erin scoffs.

"Come on, baby." Rose puts on her caring stepmother act while a guy drags Sarah out of the car. Brooklyn frowns when another car pulls up, her eyes widening when Riley and Wyatt get out.

"There she is." John B says.

"Wyatt." Brooklyn whispers.

Brooklyn immediately goes to run out.

"Whoa, whoa." Erin pushes her back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey. Dude!" JJ hisses, pulling Brooklyn back. "Brooke. Brooke, what are you doing?!" He hisses, keeping an arm around her waist.

"I am making sure my cousin's not fucking alone." Brooklyn hisses in his face. "And that my little brother isn't surrounded by psychopaths!"

"So, what? You're just gonna give us away? Throw all this work down the freaking drain?" JJ questions.

"I won't give you away, but I'm going." Brooklyn states.

"No, you're not. Are you crazy?" JJ asks.

"At least she won't be alone like she shouldn't be. I'm the one who ran away, I should be on that fucking ship! Especially if Wyatt's on there!" Brooklyn hisses.

"No." JJ tells her, keeping a tight grip around her waist. "Just help us come up with a plan and we'll get her, I promise."

"JJ, we gotta come up with a plan." John B says.

"I know. I'm working on it." JJ says. "If we get over to that barge, we go over. We'll have to get into the water, though." JJ says.

"That's fine." John B says.

"Then we're gonna be sitting ducks." JJ says.

"Right, and my plan sucked." Brooklyn rolls her eyes.

"Howdy." Kie greets as she and Pope walk up, the others jumping around in fear, JJ's hand raised in a fist.

"Yo. I was about to stab your eyes out." JJ says.

"You okay? What happened?" John B asks Pope, seeing him covered in mud.

"Rafe, round three." Pope says.

"What?" Brooklyn asks.

"Are you freaking kidding me? Again?" JJ asks.

"This was a tie." Pope says.

"How'd you guys even find us?" JJ asks.

"Geo-located your phone." Kie informs.

"Smart." JJ mumbles.

"Is that the cross?" Pope asks, seeing a crate get loaded.

"Yeah." JJ answers.

"They're holding Sarah hostage." John B informs.

"We have to get on that boat." Kie states.

"First we gotta get past the goon squad." JJ says.