025. sewers

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully." JJ states as the five approach the entrance to the sewer. The boys get closer to the water, the girls staying in the grass. "So, if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like--"

"Somewhere in this trash." Pope says, looking at the trash that litters that entrance to the drain.

"Correct." JJ says.

"Oh, my God. People who use plastic should be shot." Kie says.

"Cool, uh, JJ, never give her your gun. Cause, like, I use plastic." Zack says.

"Yeah, same." Erin mumbles.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ states, him, Zack, and Pope starting to clean the trash up a bit.

"Okay, well hopefully, you guys recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie says.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so... trash bags." Pope says, holding up a bundle of trash bags.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie asks.

"Maybe." Pope says. The two share small, sweet smiles.

"You want us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" JJ asks. Pope throws the trash bags at him, hitting the blonde square in the chest.

"Just pick up the trash." Pope says.

~ ~ ~

"Well, that was fun." JJ says sarcastically, putting the last trash bag onto the grass.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain." Pope says.

"It's in... it's in the drain." JJ says.

"Damn it." Pope hisses.

"Of course it is." Kie shakes her head.

"Why can't we be fucking lucky just one time?" Erin whines.

"Cause we're not kooks." Zack says with a small scoff.

"Good thing I brought the crow." JJ says, taking a crow bar out of his bag.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kie asks.

"No." JJ answers.

"Or alphabetically?" Kie asks.

"Nah. On three, Pope." JJ says. "One, two, three." They get the grate open.

"Or, like, oldest goes?" Kie asks, still trying to figure out what's going to happen.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker. So, uh... that would be a hard pass for me." JJ states.

"Yeah, no, same." Zack says.

"Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me." Pope says.

"No, I get it. I get it. You guys are scared." Kie chuckles.

"No, I'm not scared." JJ says.

"We're not scared." Zack argues.

"It's kind of cute." Kie says.

"Yeah, yeah, it's adorable." Erin agrees, the two girls sharing an amused look.

"We're not scared." Zack insists.

"It's just a pecker thing." Pope says.

"I'm not scared." JJ objects.

"You should've just led with that." Kie says as the boys keep protesting, getting out of the way.