036. denmark tanny's diary

Brooklyn, Riley, and Wyatt are in their kitchen and get done watching the tape that Patrick filmed where he admitted to killing Big John, Peterkin, and Gavin with Ward. He stated that he left the estate to each of them divided equally and love.

When the video ends, Brooklyn slams the laptop shut, her eyes full of angry tears. Wyatt quickly gets up and rushes upstairs.

"I'm the oldest. I get to decide what happens to the house." Riley says.

"What, you think I give a shit about the house?" Brooklyn questions. "Who the hell gives a shit? Who-- just-- ugh."

"I'm gonna go comfort our brother. You know, since I didn't hate our dad." Riley says.

"Okay, well, maybe if he locked you up with Rapunzel, killed a bunch of people, tried to kill your friends, maybe you'd get your head out of your ass and hate him too." Brooklyn states. "I mean, you're really still defending him after he admitted to murder?"

"He was still our dad." Riley says.

"So? He was a murderer." Brooklyn says as she sniffles.

"Whatever. You keep your spoiled, hate everything act up, who gives a shit? I don't have time for it." Riley says. "You know, just because your boyfriend hates you now, doesn't mean you get to take it out on me." She remarks before leaving.

Brooklyn clenches her jaw, ignoring the tears stinging in her eyes.

+++

"They deserved it, right?" JJ asks. The group are at the dock and JJ is fishing with Kie standing one one side and Erin standing on his other, Zack sitting next to his girlfriend. Pope is standing on the ramp and John B is lying on his stomach in the boat.

"Are you joking? Of course they deserved it." Kie says.

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope says.

"Cross that one off the bucket list." JJ says.

"JJ!" Kie scolds.

"Dude!" Erin smacks him in the arm.

Kie gets on the boat and sits next to John B.

"Sucks for Brooke and Sarah." JJ says.

"Are you okay?" Kie asks John B.

"It's not me I'm worried about." He answers.

"And, uh... what about you?" Erin quietly asks JJ.

"Definitely not worried about me." He mutters.

"You should go see her." Erin suggests.

"Trust me, I'm the last person she wants to see." JJ sighs.

"So maybe fix that." Erin says.

"Nah. No, it's better the way it is." JJ says. Erin squints her eyes at him before sighing, dropping the subject for now.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, uh... I'm gonna go check on Brooklyn. Unless anybody else would like to offer to go..." Erin gives JJ a pointed look.

"I gotta get back. You know, I-- I think I left the stove on." JJ comes up with an excuse.

"You don't know how to cook." Erin says.

"Which is why I should go check on the stove." JJ says. Erin rolls her eyes. "Adios." He throws up a peace sign as he walks off.

Erin sighs, turning to Zack.

"I'll go talk to him. Text me about Brooke, I'll let him know." Zack says.