026. break out

The five pogues stand outside of Brooklyn's house, all wearing darker clothes and Kie parked her dad's truck around the corner.

"Okay. Kie and Erin are lookout, Erin stays at the bottom of the house to help Brooke down, me and Zack go inside. We got it?" JJ says.

"Yeah. Yes. We've been over this a thousand times, JJ." Kie says.

"I'm just making sure this doesn't go to shit." JJ hisses, taking his phone out to text Wyatt.

"It's gonna be fine. Her dad and sister aren't even home." Pope says.

"I know, but this is high tech security shit, bro." JJ says. "Cameras, alarms, the works."

"Ironic given murderers usually prefer, like, zero security." Zack mumbles.

"Okay." JJ mumbles. "We're good to go. Wyatt turned everything off." The twins and Erin rush to the house, going to where Wyatt's room is. JJ and Zack start climbing up the side of the house.

JJ taps on the window and Wyatt opens it. JJ climbs in and Zack quickly follows.

"Hey, little man. What's up?" JJ ruffles the younger boy's hair.

"Fine, I guess. Riley's not back until, like, two in the morning, but my dad will be back in about an hour." Wyatt says.

"Yeah, alright. You got the key?" JJ asks.

"I found it taped underneath the cookie jar." Wyatt hands JJ the key.

"Thanks, man." JJ grabs the key, rushing to the door he remembers belongs to Brooklyn's bedroom.

 JJ unlocks the door, quietly opening it. He smiles a little when he sees Brooklyn lying in her bed, hugging a pillow, her face hidden in it. He walks around her bed, standing behind her.

"Hey." He whispers, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"No." Brooklyn quietly whines, not completely recognizing the voice, and she shies away from the touch.

"Shortcake." JJ softly calls.

Brooklyn's eyebrows furrow at the nickname. She turns around, her eyes widening at the familiar blonde.

"JJ?" She asks, sitting up.

"Hey." JJ softly laughs, his bright grin relaxing Brooklyn.

"Oh, my God." She whispers, letting out a relieved laugh. She shoots up, hugging him, burying her face in his shoulder. JJ tightly hugs her, frowning at how much thinner she is and he remembers how Wyatt says she doesn't eat much.

"Hey, I got you." JJ mumbles, rubbing her back.

"Wait, wait, what the fuck are you doing here?" Brooklyn asks, pulling away. "How'd you get in here? The security system is--"

"Wyatt shut it off. Your dad's not home, Riley's at a party. We, uh... we came to bust you out." JJ smiles.

"Oh, my God." Brooklyn laughs. She kisses him, pulling him closer.

"Mm. Mm. I love this, but we can make out later." JJ says. "Here. I gotta show you something, too." He takes his phone out going to his texts. He clicks on the photo of John B and Sarah and shows it to Brooklyn.

"What, uh... what's that?" She asks.

"It's them. They're alive." JJ states, letting her scroll through the texts.

"What?" She asks.

"Yeah. We found the murder weapon and gave it to Shoupe, but he ain't gonna do shit." JJ says.