019. the runway

"Patrick, this whole thing has gone too far!" Aubrey exclaims, the married couple standing in his office.

"Aubrey, it's fine. We're fine." Patrick insists. "We found the gold. Now we just gotta get it to the Bahamas and we'll work everything out there."

"This isn't even about the fucking gold anymore. It's about the lengths you and your brother are willing to get it! I-I mean, what Ward did to John B? Trying to kill him yesterday?"

"He did not try to kill him! You heard Ward's story. The kid attacked him!" Patrick shouts.

"Patrick, that kid works for us and he used to work for Ward and he lives with Ward. I think we know him well enough to know he wouldn't attack unprovoked! And you knew your brother's story is bullshit! He was gonna do exactly what you two did to Big John!"

"Big John was an accident!" Patrick yells.

"You don't accidentally dump somebody's in the goddamn ocean!" Aubrey shouts.

"Keep your voice down." Patrick sneers.

"No. No, there are no fucking workers here."

"Wyatt's upstairs."

"And it's about time he knows who his father really is."

"You know that if you tell anybody, I'll make sure you're never able to see the kids again." Patrick threatens. "And I know you don't wanna lose them."

"You and your brother need serious help. You're both greedy little monsters. You'd kill for this shit. Hell, you'd probably kill each other." Aubrey says.

"We wouldn't kill each other." Patrick argues.

"No? See, this split 50/50 thing seems good now, but when you actually have the gold, and your greedy traits both kick in, you two are gonna go to bat for this stupid shit! It's not worth it! Hell, we're already fucking richer!"

"Well, with this, we're set for life, Aubrey. We don't have to worry about the kids. Don't you want that?"

"You just stole from the damn kids! Supposedly, eight teenagers put in the work and you and your brother take all the fucking credit. Great move."

"Aubrey, look. We're going to the Bahamas, we're gonna take Brooklyn since Ward is taking Sarah. They know about the gold already. And we're gonna settle all of this over there." Patrick states.

"Fuck you, Patrick." Aubrey seethes, storming out of the room.

~ ~ ~

Aubrey goes up to Brooklyn's room, the girl getting ready to go back to the chateau.

"Hey." Brooklyn greets her mom who quietly shuts the door.

"You need to go." Aubrey whispers. "Sneak out the window."

"Wh-- what? Why?" Brooklyn asks.

"Baby. Baby, listen to me." Aubrey cups her daughter's face. "Your father is not a good man. Okay? Neither is your uncle."

"They killed Big John." Brooklyn quietly says. Aubrey's eyebrows furrow.

"How do you know about that?" Aubrey asks.

"John B found out yesterday. Wait, you knew?" Brooklyn asks.

"I did. I did. I'm sorry. I wanted to turn them in, but he threatened to keep you three away from me if I even tried to tell any cop. I kept silent so I could protect you and your siblings. But you need to leave. Go to your friends. Just don't come home."

"Wh-why?" Brooklyn asks.

"Because you do not need to be around this. You don't need to listen to your father. I don't want you around him. I'm gonna send your sister and brother on a trip to the mainland, make Riley take Wyatt somewhere fun or something. But you need to leave. Now."