016. ripped off

Ward and Patrick are in the former's house and talking when they hear John B and Sarah talking.

"Like 500." They hear John B says.

"500?" Sarah asks.

"600."

"600 bars of gold?" Sarah asks.

"I don't know. It could be a thousand." John B says and Ward quietly opens the window. "It was all muddy, but it was everywhere. Covering the walls, stacks of it. 400 million dollars. It's all there."

"Hey, that's crazy." Sarah says, smiling.

"We did it. Now we just have to get it out of there." John B says.

"Great. So how are we gonna get it out of there?" She asks.

"Okay, so, Pope has a plan..." John B starts as the two walk off.

"I'll be right back." Ward quietly says and Patrick nods.

+++

John B pulls up to a pawn shop and they start getting out.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ says sarcastically, holding the piece of melted gold.

"Like you could've done any better." Kie argues as they all get out of the van.

"I could have done much better. I took a welding class." JJ states.

"Yeah, when?" Kie asks.

"No, you haven't." Zack argues.

"Yes, I have." JJ counters.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey. Hey. Chill out, okay?" John B tells them.

"That's easy for you to say that. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ says. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"You're the best liar." Pope says.

"Come on, J, you live to shit talk. Almost everything you say to strangers is probably bullshit anyway." Brooklyn says, grinning up at him.

JJ gives her a sarcastic smile back. He puts his free hand on top of her head, steering her into the pawn shop, and she quietly giggles.

He lets go of her when they get inside.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ greets the woman behind the counter.

"Afternoon." She replies as the group spread out around the pawn shop and JJ stands at the counter.

"I see you buy gold." JJ says.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman asks.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ says.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it." The woman says and JJ puts the gold on the counter.

"How 'bout them gold apples?"

"That ain't real." She chuckles.

"That ain't real?"

"It can't be."

"Feel how heavy it is." JJ says. The woman picks it up, struggling for a second. "Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Here, let's get some light on that." He hands her a magnifying glass that has a light which the woman turns on.

"Spray painted tungsten." The woman states.

"Spray painted tungsten? Really? Okay. Why don't you see how, uh, soft it is?" JJ asks.

"You mind?" She asks, holding up a couple tools.

"No, go for it." JJ says and the woman hits the gold once, but nothing happens. "Wow. Would you look at that?"