CHAPTER 03

AUTHOR P.O.V

The warm rays of the morning sun filtered through the narrow opening in the curtains, casting a gentle glow in the cozy bedroom. The large French windows showcased the morning dew, each droplet reflecting the light and creating miniature rainbows, decorating the glass with a colorful pattern.

Under normal circumstances, a morning like this would invigorate and energize anyone to wake up and embrace the day. However, for y/n, who had spent the entire night lying on the bed without a wink of sleep, the beauty of the morning went unnoticed.

She pulled the sheets up closer to her, shielding herself from the cold air that grazed her shoulder. Her eyes were too heavy to open, and she continued her restless sleep undisturbed. Anyone who observed her closely would notice the dark circles under her eyes and the bags that had formed beneath her lashes, clear evidence of her sleepless nights.

The reason behind her sleepless nights was the same one that had plagued her for the past week - her husband's absence. Despite her constant calls and messages, he had not returned home or provided any information about his whereabouts. He had only sent a single message in response to her numerous attempts, promising that he would be home soon. 

However, "soon" had long surpassed seven days, and y/n was still waiting for his return.

Her worry grew with each passing day, but she managed to gather some information from her father-in-law, Mr. Jeon, who revealed that her husband had been going to the office every day. However, what Mr. Jeon didn't know was that Jungkook had been living somewhere else, completely oblivious to his wife's attempts to reach him.

Y/n didn't want to trouble the elders or arouse any suspicion, so she put on an act and provided reasonable excuses each day to pacify her in-laws. She had managed to suppress their growing doubts, but deep down, all she hoped for was the day when Jungkook would finally return home.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Mae's breath caught in her throat as she felt a strong grip around her waist, causing her to gasp and then let out a small yelp as she was playfully pushed backward onto the bed. Her boyfriend, Jungkook, immediately hovered above her, a mischievous smirk on his lips. "

Jungkook," she called out his name, her voice a mixture of surprise and anticipation. Instinctively, she held her unbuttoned shirt closer, shielding herself from his hungry gaze.

"We've had enough," she said, a smile playing on her lips as she met his gaze. But his smirk only grew, indicating that he was far from finished ravishing her. Mae understood that he had no intention of leaving just yet.

With a determined look in her eyes, she reached down and pulled the fabric of his shirt, which she was wearing, down to her thighs, effectively blocking any more tantalizing stares.

"But you still look fresh and flavorful, begging to be savored again," he whispered near her ear, his voice dripping with desire.

Slowly, he brought his lips down to capture hers in a passionate kiss, igniting a fire between them that burned with both love and a burning desire.

As Jungkook's hands moved to caress her breasts, Mae found herself unable to resist his touch any longer. She released her hold on the fabric she had clung to earlier, allowing it to slip off her body. With each move and touch from her lover, she gradually let go of any inhibitions.

His hands slipped inside her shirt, cupping her breasts, causing her to moan and arch her back in pleasure. Her eyes rolled back, and her body responded eagerly to his touch.