CHAPTER 04

AUTHOR P.O.V

As soon as y/n uttered his name, Taehyung wasted no time in pulling her into a tight embrace, the longing for each other was evident in their hug. Having been out of contact for a significant period, y/n was overcome with emotion, making it difficult for her to find the words to express herself.

"I missed you, bear," Taehyung whispered, gently patting her head. Y/n nodded in response, her actions conveying the same depth of longing. Although not blood-related, their bond surpassed mere siblinghood, forged through years of growing up together. They considered themselves as one, inseparable.

"Come inside," y/n invited, failing to notice the small travel bag beside Taehyung's foot. As he stepped into the house, he couldn't help but sense the somber atmosphere that seemed to permeate the vast villa, as if Y/n were the only person living in the villa.

"Y/n?" Taehyung called out, placing his travel bag on the couch. Y/n's expression turned puzzled as her eyes darted between the bag and Taehyung, finally focusing on him as he called her name again.

As Taehyung's gaze fell upon the dimly lit staircase and the area where Jungkook's master bedroom was located, a question arose in his mind. 

"Is Jungkook not home?" he inquired, recalling he mentioned his visit to his cousin brother. However, he didn't see any sign of Jungkook welcoming him. Simultaneously, he noticed y/n remaining silent, unable to respond to his question.

"Where is Jungkook, y/n?" Taehyung pressed, seeking an answer from her. 

After a prolonged thirty-second pause, y/n took a deep breath and finally spoke up, albeit uncertainly. "He's at the office," she replied, not entirely sure if her response was accurate, but assuming her husband would be at his company.

"Are you Sure?" In an attempt to convince Taehyung of her words, y/n nodded her head twice, hoping to instill confidence in him. However, Taehyung was perceptive enough to notice her hesitant movements and the time she took to respond to a simple question.

He couldn't shake off the feeling that her words might not be entirely truthful.

Taehyung had already spoken to his uncle Jeon before visiting the villa, discovering that Jungkook hadn't reported to the company that day. This led him to question why y/n would lie to him unless she genuinely didn't know Jungkook's whereabouts.

"Bear, please be honest with me. Is Jungkook not treating you well?" He came to this possible conclusion, drawing from his knowledge of the Jeon couple's relationship and his observations of y/n's suffering and his brother's depressing days thinking of his past love.

The raven-haired man released a heavy sigh as he realized that the woman beside him remained quiet, indicating that nothing had changed in their relationship during his absence.

Taehyung could empathize with y/n's emotions, and he knew that he needed to personally visit his brother to discuss their situation. Fortunately, Jungkook was not present at the moment, allowing Taehyung to have an uninterrupted conversation with y/n and learn about the couple's life over the past few months.

"How long has Jungkook been gone?" Taehyung posed the question, his keen observational skills making it an easy one to pick up on. After all, his ability to notice details surpassed even Jungkook's, and he prided himself on his perceptiveness.

Y/n watched Taehyung attentively, fully aware that he could see through her lies. It was a flaw she had never been able to master, even after growing up together. In his eyes, she was an open book, her true emotions laid bare for him to see. With a low voice frequency, she finally spoke up, "It's been ten days."