CHAPTER 27

AUTHOR POV

"Mr. Jeon" Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts when his name was called, realizing he had been completely absent-minded during the presentation.

His employees looked at him with concern, questioning if something was wrong with their work. He quickly apologized, citing that he had been preoccupied with other work issues.

"Could you please send the presentation to my email? I'll review it and provide my feedback." the people nodded understandingly and left the room, leaving Jungkook alone with his thoughts. He glanced at his secretary, Lara, who had witnessed his absent-mindedness, and chuckled knowingly before exiting the room.

As they left the room, Jungkook was left alone with his thoughts. He couldn't shake the image of Y/N from his mind.

The intimate moment they had shared in his office replayed in his thoughts, making it impossible for him to focus on his work. He tried to distract himself, but Y/N's presence consumed his every thought.

Her lips, the taste of her kiss, the way her touch sent shivers down his spine - it all disturbed him to the core. He couldn't think of anything or anyone else but her. Even the innocent look in her eyes, filled with nothing but pure adoration for him, had the power to drive him to madness.

"Damn it," he muttered to himself, frustration evident in his voice. He couldn't escape the grip Y/N had on his mind and heart. It was as if a switch had been flipped, and he couldn't turn it off. He longed for the moment when they could openly embrace their connection, free from the constraints of their current circumstances.

With a heavy sigh, Jungkook realized he needed a break. He closed his laptop and leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his hair. He couldn't deny the effect Y/N had on him, and he knew he had to find a way to navigate these strong emotions while maintaining professionalism.

As Jungkook relaxed on his chair, his thoughts were consumed by his desire for Y/N. "I really have to control my needing senses, or else I have no choice but to become a beast around her," he muttered, his mind filled with thoughts of his wife.

Lost in his musings, he failed to notice someone standing in front of him.

When he finally looked up by sensing a presence, he saw Taehyung, who always seemed to wear a happy face come to be poker while looking at him.

"Bear said that you asked her to bring lunch for you to the office," his brother stated, his tone slightly suspicious. "But her reaction wasn't what I expected. She didn't squeak or cheer about your offer instead, you know how she sounded." Suspicion flickered in Taehyung's eyes as if suspecting that Jungkook had done something he had wanted to warn him about.

"What did you do to her, Jungkook?" he came with a question.

Jungkook felt a twinge of curiosity mixed with annoyance. He wanted to know how Y/N had reacted, seeing Taehyung had come to vouch for her behavior. "What did she sound like?" he asked, eager for his brother's insight.

However, he had to suppress his impatience as the latter seemed to be going off on a tangent, questioning him about his intentions.

Annoyed, Jungkook interrupted him. "Just tell me how she sounded," he demanded, his frustration evident in his voice.

Taehyung glanced at him for a moment, maintaining his poker face, before continuing. "She stuttered a lot, and when I asked her what you both did, she seemed hesitant and wanted to end the call," he revealed.

A smile tugged at the corners of Jungkook's lips as he processed the information. He found it endearing that Y/N was feeling shy about sharing their activities with someone she was usually so open with. However, his thoughts were interrupted when Taehyung spoke again.