CHAPTER 54

JUNGKOOK POV

Today, the morning proved to be much more challenging than I had anticipated. After having my wife, Y/n, by my side for the past two weeks, returning to my normal routine became difficult. My thoughts were constantly consumed by her, making it nearly impossible to focus on my work.

As a result of my lack of concentration, my workload piled up, forcing me to repeatedly read through documents and paperwork in an attempt to get my mind to cooperate. However, my father, who is also the chairman, noticed my lack of productivity and personally called me to express his frustration.

Realizing the time, I found that it was already half past 8, and I was still stuck with my work. My mind continued to wander back to thoughts of Y/n, making it even harder for me to complete my tasks.

"Concentrate, Jungkook. You need to finish this and get home soon," I repeated to myself, pushing through the distractions and forcing myself to focus on reading the papers and completing my work before it became too late.

NIGHT

Y/N POV

Relaxing on the couch, I patiently awaited my husband's arrival. Father had called a few minutes ago to let me know that Jungkook would be coming home late as he had to finish his work for the day.

As I scrolled down my phone screen, I realized that I still hadn't received any messages or calls from Taehyung. The last time we spoke was before Jungkook and I decided to start our new life together.

A nagging thought crossed my mind, wondering if Taehyung was angry with me. Should I call him myself? But what if he's busy with his work? I didn't want to disturb him. Perhaps it would be best to wait until he returns in three days.

Having made my decision, I glanced at the wall clock. "He's probably going to be late," I thought to myself. Adjusting the cushions around me, I patiently waited for Jungkook to arrive as it was getting late and bedtime was approaching.

After waiting for a few more minutes, I heard the sound of a car honking and the opening of the parking lot gates. Knowing that Jungkook had arrived, the thought of teaching him a lesson crossed my mind.

I dimmed the lights in the hallway and entrance, making my way to our bedroom. Closing the door behind me, I switched on the night lamp, the only source of light illuminating the room.

Lying down on the mattress, I pulled the sheets over me and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I knew Jungkook and his behavior well - he would likely try to keep me awake all night, using the excuse of "charging his tired body." But I was determined not to let him touch me for the next two weeks, just as he had blocked me from contacting Taehyung.

Shifting into my most comfortable position, I heard footsteps approaching the door. "It must be him," I thought.

Closing my eyes tightly, I heard the bedroom door open and close. Clutching the pillow tightly, I buried my face into its softness. Y/n..." Jungkook called out.

I didn't respond, continuing my act of sleep.

AUTHOR POV

Discovering his wife hidden beneath the sheets, Jungkook cautiously observed her seemingly sleeping figure. "Y/n, are you awake?" he whispered softly, sitting on the edge of the bed while reaching out to gently touch her, trying to determine if she was truly asleep or not.

"Y/n... baby... sweetheart..." he sighed, realizing that she would not respond to him. "I guess I should take a shower then." Removing his blazer and shirt, he headed towards the bathroom, unaware that his wife was secretly watching him.

As Jungkook disappeared into the bathroom, Y/n slowly raised herself from her lying position, making sure he was out of sight. Determined to make him suffer, she tiptoed over to remove her outer silk robe, revealing her fair skin.

With a smirk on her face, she returned to her previous lying position, ensuring that the sheets covered her body up to her neck, so Jungkook wouldn't notice the absence of her robe.

After waiting for a few minutes, she heard the bathroom door creak open. Opening her eyes slightly, she caught a glimpse of her husband, clad only in sweatpants, with his upper torso bare. Jungkook, busy drying his hair, glanced at his wife's seemingly sleeping figure. From his perspective, she appeared to be sleeping peacefully, unaware that she was actually pretending in order to avoid his touch tonight.

After drying his hair, Jungkook let out a deep sigh of frustration. He had been imagining all the things he wanted to do with Y/n throughout the day, but it seemed like she had fallen asleep early. Lying on the bed with Y/n's back facing him, he couldn't help but feel disappointed.

Balancing himself with his right elbow, Jungkook raised his torso, intending to give Y/n a goodnight kiss on her cheek. However, when he saw her snuggled face buried in the pillow, he realized he couldn't do much. He reluctantly settled back into his lying position.

On the other hand, Y/n tried her best not to move, afraid that Jungkook would sense her acting. She controlled her muscles and patiently waited for Jungkook to fall asleep, hoping he would doze off soon.

After about 10 minutes passed without any movement from Jungkook, Y/n assumed he must have fallen asleep. Her muscles started to ache, so she decided it was finally safe to move.

Just as Y/n was about to shift her position, she felt something wrapping around her waist. Looking down, she realized it was Jungkook's arm, gently caressing her waist. Within seconds, she was pulled closer to him, causing her back to collide with his firm chest.

Sensing something hard pressing against her lower back, Y/n's cheeks flushed as she realized what it was. Her blood rushed through her veins, leaving her both surprised and flustered.

Curiously, she wondered why Jungkook was getting aroused without any apparent reason. Meanwhile, Jungkook had been motionless for the past 10 minutes, lost in his fantasies of the intimate moments he had shared with his wife over the past two weeks. The memories brought a smile to his face and caused his body to respond with a growing erection.

The close proximity of Y/n's body against his own created heat and friction, which helped him relax. Snuggling up to her, he savored the subtle scent of her and gently kissed her nape.

Y/n tightly closed her eyes and gripped the pillow, trying to remain still when she felt Jungkook's lips on her nape. She knew that any sudden movement could lead to a more intense response from her already aroused husband. The thought of another sleepless night due to his heightened desire made her sigh internally.

Unaware of Y/n's thoughts, Jungkook continued to caress her stomach and waist, leaving wet kisses on her neck as he snuggled closer to her.

"I love you. I wish you could've been awake," he whispered, placing one last kiss below her ear. Tightening his hold around her, he finally drifted off into his dreams after a long day.

After a few minutes of no further advances from Jungkook, Y/n tilted her head slightly to see that her husband had already fallen asleep.

"How can I keep him away from me for two weeks if he acts like this?" she muttered, moving her head slightly as Jungkook nuzzled into her neck.

Releasing a deep breath, Y/n felt her eyelids grow heavy as she closed her eyes, ready to embrace sleep.