CHAPTER 08

AUTHOR P.O.V

A MONTH LATER

Jungkook sighed deeply as he stared at his phone, contemplating whether or not to make a call. He was plagued with second thoughts and troubled by his newfound decision. 

He couldn't blame anyone but himself for what he had discovered a month ago, and the weight of his emotions was overwhelming.

He felt exhausted, knowing that he had the chance to approach a certain person and potentially live a happy life, but everything had been destroyed by his own actions and stubbornness.

The consequences of his past mistakes and the hardships he had faced left him longing for a second chance, a chance to find light and warmth in his life once again.

Over the past month, he had been working hard to change himself, striving to become a better man than he had been in the past. He made a conscious effort to let go of his past mistakes and learn from them. 

He knew that his impulsive choices would require immense effort in the days to come and would force him to confront the humiliation he had already prepared himself for.

Jungkook's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, but he knew that he couldn't continue hiding from reality. He needed to face the consequences of his actions and seek forgiveness for his past mistakes.

He was determined to prove himself worthy of a second chance and was willing to wait until he had truly earned it. 

This time, he wouldn't make any foolish or senseless moves to lose the person he cared about.

Feeling tired of his own cowardice over the past month, Jungkook knew it was time to step up and make things right. He needed to work hard to become deserving of that second chance.

"Mr. Jeon," an elderly butler called out to him, snapping him out of his thoughts. 

Mr. Min had been traveling with him and had witnessed Jungkook's activities and isolation over the past month. He didn't question him, understanding that he wasn't in a position to preach to his young master.

"Yes, Mr. Min?" Jungkook replied, looking up at the butler.

"Your driver is ready, Young Master," Mr. Min informed him, gesturing towards the resort entrance. 

Jungkook followed his gaze and saw a blue car parked near the entrance steps, with two resort workers loading his luggage into the trunk.

Jungkook nodded and made his way to the car, taking a seat with Mr. Min beside him. The driver, awaiting instructions, looked at Jungkook, who simply nodded to indicate that he could start driving. With that, the driver pushed on the gas pedal, and the car began its journey.

KIM RESIDENCE

Y/n cautiously observed the man sitting on the couch, pretending to be engrossed in his work while she knew he had been silently staring at his laptop. 

She could sense that he was waiting for her to express her worries and concerns as if she believed she was a burden and wanted to distance herself from him.

Taehyung had reached his limit with y/n's constant ranting about being a burden to him. He had always been there to lend an ear and offer support whenever she felt down or wanted to run away from him. 

Despite all the lectures, advice, and reassurances he had given her, she still found reasons to protest against his words, which often tested Taehyung's patience.

He couldn't tolerate her bringing up the topic of moving out of his home once again. It frustrated him to no end, as he had hoped that she would understand his sincerity and commitment to his promise to look after her.