CHAPTER 02

AUTHOR POV

Jungkook's forehead creased with concentration as he furrowed his brows, his mind racing with ideas for his future work. His fingers moved swiftly across the keys of his Mac, fully immersed in his professional duties.

Even on a lazy Sunday afternoon, he chose to spend his time on office work, dismissing any notion of engaging in personal activities. To him, there was nothing important or worthwhile to do during his free hours, so he filled his time with business matters.

Despite the gentle suggestion to spend time with his wife, who anxiously peered through the narrow opening of his home office door, hoping for a moment of connection or a shared meal, Jungkook remained oblivious to her presence. He knew she was waiting for him, but he continued to focus solely on his tasks.

This was not a new experience for y/n, as she often found herself met with the same result whenever she tried to approach him. He had no interest in spending time with her, nor did he seem willing to make an effort to do so.

She timidly knocked on the finely polished wooden door, calling out to Jungkook with a hint of trepidation in her voice. She feared he might once again scold her for interrupting his work, but she couldn't bear the thought of leaving him alone, consumed by his tasks.

Jungkook heard her voice but chose to remain silent, knowing that any response would only convey his disinterest in whatever reason she had for seeking him out. All he desired was for her to leave him be, to allow him to work in peace without her constant surveillance. However, she was stubborn, standing resolute before him, refusing to retreat until he acknowledged her presence.

With an exasperated sigh, Jungkook finally relented, unable to bear her unwavering presence any longer. "What do you want?" he asked, rubbing his forehead while keeping his gaze fixed on the brightly lit monitor. He didn't spare a second glance at his wife standing by the door, his focus solely on his work. "I've made lunch for us, please come and eat," she pleaded, completing her sentence and observing his exhaled breath.

"I don't have the appetite to eat. You can have your lunch," he stated, resuming his work with his fingers dancing across the keyboard. "But you haven't eaten anything since morning," she persisted, but the devoted worker remained unresponsive, seemingly deaf to her words. As his gaze shifted to the right, he noticed her still standing there, waiting for his acknowledgment, yet he remained unaffected by her presence.

"Jungkook," y/n's voice grated on his nerves, causing annoyance to flicker within him. He wished she would simply disappear from his sight before he lost his temper with her. 

"Y/n, I told you I don't have the appetite to eat. Now get out of here and leave me alone," he snapped, his words laced with frustration. But instead of retreating, she moved closer, capturing his attention for a brief moment. She could sense his anger building, but she steeled herself, determined to stay strong and make her point.

"It's unhealthy to leave your stomach empty. Maybe I can bring your food in here," her voice held a sweet undertone, but it did little to soothe his growing anger. Y/n knew he was teetering on the edge of exploding, yet she remained stubborn, caring little for his well-being.

Jungkook knew that shouting at her would be futile. He had witnessed her persistence in getting what she wanted, and unleashing his frustration on her would serve no purpose. He begrudgingly accepted her offer, realizing that she genuinely cared for his well-being. "You can leave the food in here," he conceded.

As soon as his words reached her ears, he couldn't help but notice the instant glow of a smile that graced her lips, a sight he had grown accustomed to whenever he fulfilled her wishes. She wasted no time, swiftly darting off to retrieve the food she had prepared for him.