CHAPTER 07

AUTHOR P.O.V

Taehyung rushed through the hospital hallways, determined to meet the doctor who had treated y/n the previous day. He hadn't been able to inquire about her condition and was left in the dark, not knowing what had happened to his sister. 

Despite the long wait outside the ER without any explanation, he maintained his composure and refrained from questioning the staff further.

Entering the doctor's cabin, Taehyung inquired, "Dr. Jung?" He wanted to confirm if she was the one who had treated y/n. 

The doctor looked up and nodded, recognizing him as a family member of Mrs. Jeon. Instructing him to have a seat, she began to address his concerns.

"How is y/n, doctor? Is she alright?" Taehyung's voice carried a mix of fear and worry, fearing that something unpleasant might have happened to y/n during her time at the hospital. 

He had been left in the dark for too long, and his mind was filled with complicated thoughts and scenarios. He hoped that the doctor wouldn't disclose anything he couldn't handle, considering the struggles y/n had already endured in her life.

"Mrs. Jeon is fine now, you don't need to worry. She was under observation last night, which is why we couldn't allow any visitors," the doctor explained, trying to reassure Taehyung. However, she paused when she saw him take a deep breath, relieved to hear that y/n was alright.

"We have observed that y/n's nutrition levels are low and her overall health is not at the level of a normal person. When you brought her here, her blood pressure had dropped, and her case could have become complicated if you hadn't acted quickly," Dr. Jung explained, her tone calm and composed.

She had spoken to y/n earlier and noted her stress and disturbance, hoping to convey to Taehyung what he had failed to recognize during his time with y/n.

Taehyung had been unaware of y/n's mental distress and stress. He had attributed her absent-mindedness to thoughts of Jungkook, not realizing the depth of her suffering from the recent incidents. If he had known, he wouldn't have left her in such a state.

"Many women these days are easily subjected to stress and anxiety, sir. But if one is severely affected mentally, it can harm their bodily functions. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say," Dr. Jung explained.

Taehyung shook his head, finding it difficult to comprehend the medical explanation. The doctor continued, drawing parallels to how the health of the elderly and children can be affected by certain stimuli.

"Likewise, y/n has undergone a series of emotional assaults, and her health has suffered as a result. She is mentally and physically drained, and another shocking event could cause serious trouble in the future. I hope you understand now," Dr. Jung stated firmly, emphasizing the importance of protecting y/n's emotional well-being.

The room fell silent as Taehyung absorbed the doctor's words, feeling both surprised and scared by the acknowledgment of y/n's health. He realized that y/n should not be subjected to further mental distress, as it could have severe consequences for her well-being.

"Be attentive to y/n's emotions. She cannot afford to be further disturbed, as it could cause future issues, take good care of the patient" Dr. Jung warned, her eyes and posture stern.

"I will, doctor," Taehyung assured Dr. Jung, grateful for her guidance. He then inquired about y/n, hoping to know if he could finally see her.

"You may take her home. She is in good condition right now, and I have given her instructions on the medication she needs to take," the doctor informed him.

Taehyung looked at the doctor and called for a nurse, instructing her to take him to the room where y/n had been shifted. Expressing his gratitude to Dr. Jung, he followed the nurse with a smile, relieved to learn that y/n was awake and waiting for him.

"Y/n," Taehyung called out, his voice filled with relief and worry. 

Y/n turned her eyes towards him, feeling comforted by his presence as he rushed to her side and pulled her fragile body into a warm embrace. 

"You scared me, bear," he mumbled, holding her tightly against his chest, his heartbeat racing with concern.

"I'm fine, Taehyung," she mumbled softly against his chest, feeling his embrace and knowing that he would not leave her side anytime soon. Y/n smiled, gently stroking his back to calm him down and assure him that she was better than the previous day.

"Don't you dare do this again, y/n. You need to take care of yourself too," he spoke, his voice taking on a stern tone that made y/n nod in understanding. She could see that he was serious about his words. 

"You wouldn't know what could have happened to you if I wasn't there."

"But I'm alright now," she replied, earning a glare from Taehyung. He looked at her with piercing eyes, showing his seriousness and determination to never let her take her health lightly. She needed to learn to take care of herself too.

"You're not alright, and I'm not leaving you alone with this," Taehyung's strict tone caught y/n's attention, and she looked at him, puzzled by his statement. She couldn't comprehend what he meant by not leaving her.

"What--"

"You're moving in with me, y/n. I won't let you stay alone in that villa, and I need to keep a close eye on you," he interrupted his words causing y/n's mouth to open in protest.

She didn't want to burden him by living in his house when she had her own place to stay. She didn't want him to babysit her 24/7 just because she had neglected her health and well-being. She didn't want him to suffer because of her daily mood swings and her presence.

"Taehy—"

Before she could voice her objections, he gave her a stern glare and hushed her, indicating that he didn't want to hear anything from her, including her opinions and excuses. He was determined to take her home with him, and he would do whatever it took to make her comply.

"Don't even try to fight it. You are coming with me, and that's final," he stated firmly, seeing her slump at his words.

He knew she wouldn't protest against his firm resolve, but y/n vowed to do her best to change his mind while staying with him, even if it took a few days. She believed that he wouldn't resist her pleas and would eventually drop his stubbornness.

"Fine," she sighed, and he flashed her a satisfied smile. 

"Now my bear is good," he said, hugging her tightly and stroking her hair. He mumbled a few words about the doctor's statements, avoiding any discussion about her mental health for the time being.

He didn't want to overwhelm her with deep conversations. Instead, he decided to give her time to heal and develop herself positively. They also discussed the prescription that Dr. Jung had advised for y/n, understanding the doctor's recommended routines and medications.

Y/n obeyed him, reciting everything the doctor had told her and nodding to his concerns. 

She could see that he was worried beyond what she had initially thought. She promised him that she wouldn't do anything to make him worry or feel sad.

The least she could do was give him peace of mind and alleviate his concerns about her.

"I promise I won't do it again," she reassured him sincerely.