Douma x Female Reader

*Modern Au

Summary: You were a history nerd, and met Douma while at the library.  As he was a demon, and had lived through some major events- not that you knew that- he had a lot of info, and you two bonded over that. 

"Which one should I get, hmm?" you whispered quietly to yourself, not wanting to be kicked out of the library. 

Eyes scanning over the titles of books, looking for one you hadn't read yet, you were interrupted by someone's voice.

"I recommend this one."  A voice spoke from behind you, a hand suddenly on a book you hadn't read yet.  You tilted your head to see a man you hadn't met before.

He had blond hair, and the most beautiful set of eyes you had ever seen: a sort of prismatic rainbow color.  You looked at the book in question, finding you had not in fact read it yet.  You grabbed it, and read the description.  It certainly seemed interesting.

"Thank you" you mumbled, and made your way to check out.  He seemed disappointed by your lack of response.

Not to worry though.  He knew you'd be back eventually.

Sure enough, you were.  And Douma saw his chance to talk to you.

"Did you enjoy the book?" he asked. 

You spun around, not expecting anyone to be right behind you.  "Yeah I did.  Thank you for the recommendation."

And with that you went on your way to ignore the strange guy who had now talked to you twice out of nowhere.  You didn't trust him.

You decided not to go to that bookstore again, for your own safety.

On your way home, you felt like someone was watching you.  To avoid them knowing where you lived, you ducked into a nearby convenience store.

You hid in there for a bit, before deciding that the person watching you was probably gone now, and you were safe to go home.

And so you did. 

As for the person watching you?

Douma was quite content to watch from a distance.

341 words