Shinazagawa Genya x Female Reader

Requested by: Denidaky

Summary: you were one of Oyakata-sama's daughters, and while you were out with Amane, a demon attacked.  You were saved by a slayer about your age, who introduced himself as Shinazagawa Genya.  The pair of you became fast friends, and Genya found himself falling in love.  However, when you mentioned your father was arranging a marriage for you, Genya lost it.

You gave a cheerful smile aimed at your mother as you both walked towards the Demon Slayer Headquarters, where your family lived.  You and Amane were bringing home the groceries for tonight's supper.

The sun was almost down, and you both sped you pace.  Your mother and you both knew of the dangers of demons.

Even so, despite your best efforts, there was nothing you or your mother could do when a demon came out from the trees, and tried to eat you.

That was almost the end of you and Amane.  Almost.  

Thankfully, a young demon slayer was nearby, and with a quick shot, the demon's head was on the ground and you were saved.  You made sure to thank the slayer, and even invited him over to dinner to show your gratefulness for his help.  He accepted, and was kind enough to carry somr of the groceries into your home.

And that was how you met Shinazagawa Genya.  Over the years, you and him became fast friends, though you only ever saw it as a friendship.  You had assumed he also saw you as a friend, which is why you were surprised at his reaction to the news of your marriage.

When you informed him, he'd broke down crying, all but begging you to reject the man and marry him instead.  He even went so far as to threaten to kill the man.  It could have been a joke.  But Genya had an odd look in his eyes, and you didn't know if you trusted him to not kill the man.

So you did as he asked.  You rejected the poor soul, and married Genya in the end.  I could have been worse: Genya might act crazy, but he truly did love you, and didn't wish to see you upset.  And so, you were somewhat happy.

365 words