Kanroji Mitsuri x Male Reader

I still haven't found out who requested three people separately, but this is your last oneshot. I sincerely hope you enjoy.

Summary: you had grown up in Mitsuri's old village, and had always admired Mitsuri because of her strength. You stood up for her when others mocked her and were cruel to her. With that in mind, it's easy to see why she fell in love with you, as you were the only one who cared for her her entire life. When she became a demon slayer, she lost precious time she could have been spending with you. She came back to the village on her day off, and found one of her old bullies attempting to offer a marriage proposal to you.

Smiling slightly, a bounce in her step, Mitsuri cheerfully strode down the well worn path that led to the village she'd been born and raised in. The one that held her family, and only love.

She hadn't seen either in a few weeks, not since the last time she'd had a proper day off. It was okay though. She knew both would be waiting for her to come home again, smiles on their faces.

She stopped in at her parents' place first. They'd be quite upset if they found out she'd came into town and had gone somewhere else instead of seeing them.

Sure enough, her parents asked if Mitsuri had gone anywhere else before coming to see her family. A heartfelt answer of no satisfied their questions, and a hearty meal was hurriedly prepared.

Mitsuri devoured whatever was placed in front of her gratefully.  Between her already odd body, and the exertion that came with being a demon slayer, she could always go for more food.

She eventually had to leave, much to the annoyance of her parents, and the sadness of her siblings.  But they understood.

Waving as she left, Mitsuri made her way to her favorite male who wasn't related to her.

She knew where he lived, but when she checked inside he wasn't there.  That meant he was somewhere else in the village at the moment.

Judging by the almost empty cupboards in his house, Mitsuri guessed Y/N was probably out getting groceries.  That made it pretty easy to go looking for him, as the town only had one marketplace.

So she headed there.

Sure enough, she found him talking to the bread man's daughter, someone who had tormented Mitsuri about her back luck with husbands in the past.

Y/N looked extremely uncomfortable. 

That was the only way to describe it, though he was desperately trying to hide it well.  For good reason: the bread stand here made a lot of money, so the girl had the potential to ruin Y/N if he treated her wrong.

But do you know who makes more money?  Hashiras.

So it was no problem for Mitsuri to walk up, and pretend like he was her husband.  To help him out of a horrid situation.

He thanked her profusely later, and that was the end of that interaction.

All Mitsuri could do is hope Y/N catches on soon.

524 words