Rengoku Kyojuro x Female Reader

Summary: the newest Pillar caught the attention of the Flame Pillar.

"Hello everyone.  My name is L/N Y/N, and I hope we can all get along."  You ended you little introduction with a smile, making sure to look at all of the nine Hashiras in turn.

Two of them scoffed at you, one a scarred white haired man, and the other a black haired man with a mask and a snake.  You payed their negativity no mind.

The friendlier Pillars walked up to you, and started askingyou questions about your breathing style, and how may demons you had killed in total.

You answered all their questions patiently and calmly.  You couldn't blame them for being excited.  New Pillars are incredibly hard to come by.

Throughout your introduction, you felt the eyes of the man with firey hair on you.  Assuming he was the Flame Pillar, you went over to talk to him.

During this conversation, you noticed he always spoke really loudly, and asked you to speak up or repeat yourself when you spoke.  Perhaps he had some sort of hearing disorder.

In order to be able to talk to him better, you decided to speak loudly during all conversations with him, to make him feel included.  While it did diminish your relationship with some of the other Hashira, you didn't really care.

If they couldn't understand why you were helping Kyojuro, they shouldn't be in your friend group anyway.

Your friend group consisted of Mitsuri, Kyojuro, Giyuu, and sometimes Gyomei.  He didn't always interact with you because of his sensitive hearing, but he was better than the others.

While Kyojuro was happy that you tried to understand him, be found himself getting angry.  Why were you bringing people onto yours and his dates?  It was rather cruel to him.

The thought that you might not feel the same way as he did didn't occur to Kyojuro until it slapped him directly in the face.

You and your crew were hanging out, when you had to go leave for a mission.  Oddly enough, Giyuu walked you to the door.  This was suspicious enough for Kyojuro to follow and see what he was up to.

And what he found broke his heart.

Standing on the porch, you and Giyuu were locked in an embrace that was more than platonic.  Worse still, Kyojuro watched as he lowered his lips to yours, and kissed you.

Giyuu released you, and off you went to your mission.  Kyojuro and Giyuu went back into the living room, and for a time, Kyojuro pretended he hadn't seen something.

He told himself he was fine with you dating someone that was not him. Completely one hundred percent fine.

For months he lied to himself and those around him, as Giyuu and you made your relationship public. 

It was the day you announced your engagement he snapped though.

He couldn't believe it.  He had thought he was fine, but hearing you had promised yourself to Giyuu filled him with unexplainable rage.

A roaring filled his head, and when the sun went down, he made his way to your house.

Kyojuro crept in through the window of the Water Estate, and tip toed towards your bedroom.  He found you and Giyuu sleeping side by side.

He grabbed his katana, and as Giyuus eyes opened, Kyojuro sliced his head off. 

Feeling the splatter of blood, you woke up, and saw your friend standing next to your lovers corpse.  You screamed, and Kyojuro lunged at you, hands wrapped around your throat before you could grab your own weapon.

As you passed out, you saw his eyes brighten for a moment.

You couldn't leave him now.

615 words